1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apropos, Dec 27, 2008.

1. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

I have that suit. It's a fairly standard midnight blue serge, in the flesh.

As for the low prices, I meant in the after-Christmas sales.

2. Ariesstyle

Ariesstyle Member

Hopefully things aren't too crowded at the store on the 26th

3. Ariesstyle

Ariesstyle Member

4. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

Sales require patience & persistence. If you don't want to wait then just pay full retail. Enjoy the suit and be done with it.

5. Skanstull

Skanstull Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Could anyone help me figure out who made a jacket with this label?

6. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Where was it made? Romania? Italy?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  7. Skanstull

Skanstull Well-Known Member

Made in Italy!

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

If it's a sports jacket, RLP were made by Corneliani... not 100% sure if it's still the same.

9. mrrich

mrrich Active Member

There should be another tag within the other breast pocket that should give us more info. I echo the assertion that is likely Corneliani

10. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

The Made in Italy Polo SCs don't have the Corneliani tag anymore. So we can't be sure whether it's still made by Corneliani. The ones from Slovakia are made by Corneliani though.

1 person likes this.
  11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

there were some Made in America ones a few season back (my guess is HF), is that still around?

12. dylanej

dylanej New Member

Looking for Help. I love the RL Tuexedos and want to get one for my wedding, I had tried on the Anthony Black Label a couple years ago and then went into RL and see the Anthony Tuxedo is now Purple label as Black no longer exists.

My question is, is it the same tuexedo or different? I can find Black Label Anthony Tuxedo's on sale for about $1,000 cheaper - but not sure if it is the exact same tuxedo or not? Thank you very much for any help!

13. othertravel

It's the exact same. They merged their black label line into the purple label.

14. KingBankUno

KingBankUno Active Member

15. othertravel

16. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

The Anthony is still the same item.

17. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

I know this is an old post, but I'm quoting it to update that they're still pulling this. Ordered a Blue Label Polo Coat, listed as 'Made in Italy' (presumably by Corneliani) on the website. When I got it in the mail today, it was not only damaged (which is besides the point) but actually made in Slovakia. They've quietly updated the item today on the website now that it's almost sold out, but I have the page archived from yesterday where it still said 'Made in Italy'.

18. mrrich

mrrich Active Member

I had this happen to me with a pair of jeans. The website prominently advertised 'MADE IN USA', two times. When the jeans arrived they clearly stated 'Made in Mexico' both on the tags as well as in the interior design work. I called, complained, had a partial refund and insisted they fix the website...it took them many weeks to switch it to 'imported'. Due to the dubious origin of many products I have moved mostly to Purple Label to avoid this (although the price slows down my collecting, ugh)

19. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

Yeah, I normally only get RRL and RLBL/PL, which tend to arrive as advertised. I have no issue with 'Imported' products, just with misrepresentation.

Given that the price of the polo coat was in Black Label range, I assumed it was listed under the Polo brand for purely historic reasons (it being the 'polo' item) and that such a mixup wouldn't happen.

Luckily customer service was very understanding and made a note that I shouldn't be charged any return fees.

20. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Thought Slovakia is still Cornrliani, just not to the same standard (to be fair cheaper than before as well)