• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

clbcs

Reaction score
For bonus points.. can anyone tell me what's in the bag? Spare buttons?

The main thing are the actual sleeve buttons, so you can adjust the sleeves and then create functional/working cuff buttons

I got it for $250 (lucky me) and there are a few in eBay for $700-800$ on a MSRP of $4995

There has been some discussion here as to the relative quality of the suppliers to RLPL clothing, is there a consensus on how Caruso stacks up with the others?

clbcs

Reaction score
For bonus points.. can anyone tell me what's in the bag? Spare buttons?

sleeve buttons to create working cuffs if adjustments are needed

is there a consensus on how caruso sourced clothing compares with other RLPL sources?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The main thing are the actual sleeve buttons, so you can adjust the sleeves and then create functional/working cuff buttons

Thanks... so it's not narcotics or Mr. Lifshitz's charisma.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW I bought a cashmere sweater recently that came with a similar small bag. Contained a sample of the manufacturer's recommended washing powder. Only found this out after I tried snorting it.

Quoting own post as EDIT is giving errors.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW I bought a cashmere sweater recently that came with a similar small bag. Contained a sample of the manufacturer's recommended washing powder. Only found this out after I tried snorting it.

Quoting own post as EDIT is giving errors.

LOL

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
sleeve buttons to create working cuffs if adjustments are needed

is there a consensus on how caruso sourced clothing compares with other RLPL sources?
Caruso is top notch. Their RLPL clothing Is pretty close to Kiton, brioni, etc... In quality.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who makes the Vans-looking sneaker shoes by Polo Ralph Lauren?

jcep

Reaction score
Update to be confirmed. I stopped by the soho Rl today to inquire about MTM and was told that St Andrews would be making RLBL MTM as of the next MTM event, The sales rep did not comment on RTW but I'm guessing this is the last Caruso season for RLBL. Can others confirm with their sales reps?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Update to be confirmed. I stopped by the soho Rl today to inquire about MTM and was told that St Andrews would be making RLBL MTM as of the next MTM event, The sales rep did not comment on RTW but I'm guessing this is the last Caruso season for RLBL. Can others confirm with their sales reps?

Actually, I went to Madison and they said that Purple Label was going back to St. Andrews. They said that Caruso's purple label was too similar to the Black Label aesthetic.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, I went to Madison and they said that Purple Label was going back to St. Andrews. They said that Caruso's purple label was too similar to the Black Label aesthetic.

Would be helpful to know with whom you both spoke, as some SAs are more keyed-in than others.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads