Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apropos, Dec 27, 2008.

1. DGP

DGP Senior member

There are 2 different quality and price-points for the RL Italian stuff. There is the REAL RLPL stuff, which retails for around $1100. Then there is the cheap stuff for around $4-600. The cheaper line isn't worth more that $200. I wouldn't pay over $150 for them. The higher-end stuff is definitely superior in construction and finish. It is close to EG quality. Definitely better quality than C&J for RL stuff. Styling is totally different, so you can't really compare.

These are the boots. They fall somewhere between on pricepoint, but they are RL, not PL. Can you tell anything by the pics?

http://www.endless.com/Ralph-Lauren-.../dp/B001VH7BRG

2. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

These are the boots. They fall somewhere between on pricepoint, but they are RL, not PL. Can you tell anything by the pics?

http://www.endless.com/Ralph-Lauren-.../dp/B001VH7BRG

In the price points I mentioned, I was referring to the laceup shoes. Those are the same quality as their regular Italy shoes (not RLPL). Obviously, they charge a little more for boots. Quality is decent, but not something I would pay more than 75% of MSRP for.

3. DGP

DGP Senior member

In the price points I mentioned, I was referring to the laceup shoes. Those are the same quality as their regular Italy shoes (not RLPL). Obviously, they charge a little more for boots. Quality is decent, but not something I would pay more than 75% of MSRP for.

So then are these RLPL Italian shoes?

http://www.endless.com/Ralph-Lauren-...te_launch_date

4. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

5. DGP

DGP Senior member

yes.

If only I were into spending $400+ on shoes, sigh...

Had the RL store been selling those for $134.50 I'd have been in great shape yesterday [​IMG].

6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

7. DGP

DGP Senior member

Now, you obviously know this stuff much better than I, but when looking at other Italian RL boots on that same site, I saw these: http://www.endless.com/Ralph-Lauren-...te_launch_date which appear, IMO, to be less well-finished than mine (looking at the edges, soles, etc). Specifically, the soles, the different nail pattern and exposed stitching on the one above vs. mine. Are they likely the same maker regardless? Also a few hundred bucks difference in MSRP.

8. yerrow

yerrow Well-Known Member

those are not PL

9. DGP

DGP Senior member

those are not PL

Which? I know that neither the shoes I bought nor the other lower end ones I compared them to are, but I thought the brown slip-on was, based on the above posts and the script on the bottom.

10. CHITON

CHITON Senior member

I recently bought a RLPL umbrella that is made in England. Does anyone know who the maker is? Also, who makes socks for RLPL (Made in Italy)? Thank you.

11. CHITON

CHITON Senior member

I recently bought a RLPL umbrella that is made in England. Does anyone know who the maker is? Also, who makes socks for RLPL (Made in Italy)? Thank you.

Anyone?

12. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Pics of the umbrella, please.

13. yerrow

yerrow Well-Known Member

Which? I know that neither the shoes I bought nor the other lower end ones I compared them to are, but I thought the brown slip-on was, based on the above posts and the script on the bottom.

i was speaking of the post immediately prior to mine

14. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

anyone know who is currently making the Ralph Lauren "made in USA" shoes?

[​IMG]

15. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

anyone know who is currently making the Ralph Lauren "made in USA" shoes?

[​IMG]

From AAAC:

I think this might be the source