1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apropos, Dec 27, 2008.

1. intfxdx

intfxdx Senior member

what do you think about polo ralph lauren loafer shoes made in italy ? most of them are in sale on amazon.com at price of 150-180 $ (original price 395-425 $ ). For price of 3, one can buy 1 Crockett and jones. 3 RL made in italy loafer or 1 CJ ?

Another question is which model of CJ is similar to RL Darlton loafer or wingtip, last 341 or 325 ? I love Darltons but they are too expensive. (for my budget)

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

what do you think about polo ralph lauren loafer shoes made in italy ? most of them are in sale on amazon.com at price of 150-180 $ (original price 395-425 $ ). For price of 3, one can buy 1 Crockett and jones. 3 RL made in italy loafer or 1 CJ ?

Another question is which model of CJ is similar to RL Darlton loafer or wingtip, last 341 or 325 ? I love Darltons but they are too expensive. (for my budget)

Italian loafers and shoes are great buys, some of my absolute favorites.

I've been happy with RL shoes across the board, Italian american or english made. Thought I havent yet tried EG other then simply trying them on in the store.

The EG 888 last is a bit more elegant then the stanton, IMO.

3. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Does anyone know if Highland will rebuild the RL loafers?

4. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

What about this label?

Anyone have a clue about a black Ralph Lauren label that says :

Ralph Lauren
    Collection Classics

Never seen that one!

Mike

5. johnteachl

johnteachl Active Member

Hey guys,

Can any pros identify the maker of these loafers? The reason being, I am having some quailty issues (will make a new thread shortly after I take some pics) Other than the "Polo" on the sole and "Polo Ralph Lauren" inside no other markers, no made in ....

Thanks guys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

7. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Yes they are.

With the current coupon I got them for $250 shipped. Assuming that at retail C&Js like this (whether they're RL or not) would go for about $7-800?

Was sort of hoping they were the EG RL shoes, but I think I can live with C&J for that $$ [​IMG].

8. onix

onix Senior member

With the current coupon I got them for $250 shipped. Assuming that at retail C&Js like this (whether they're RL or not) would go for about $7-800? Was sort of hoping they were the EG RL shoes, but I think I can live with C&J for that $$ [​IMG].
    $250 for EG boots? you're stretching your imagination too much [​IMG] . It's a great deal for C&J already.

9. Captain Winky

$250 for EG boots? you're stretching your imagination too much [​IMG] . It's a great deal for C&J already.
    LOL, I can dream, can't I [​IMG]. I figured $250 was a steal for any of RL's English-made shoes, be they Green, Crocket or Sargent. And for anyone who needs non-patent formal pumps, I believe these are EG, but not for $250, for $190: http://stores.grapevinehill.com/Ite... Label 'Orsett' Bow Vamp Loafers Mens - Black

10. Captain Winky

Oh, and will the C&J for RL shoes fit a size bigger than tagged the same as other RL shoes I've ordered? I usually buy a 9 but all they had was 8 and 10 so I went with the 8...

11. onix

onix Senior member

Oh, and will the C&J for RL shoes fit a size bigger than tagged the same as other RL shoes I've ordered? I usually buy a 9 but all they had was 8 and 10 so I went with the 8...

Shoe size there should be regular US size. I don't have experience with boots, but for other shoes, they're a bit of a narrow size, so I am afraid that their 8's will not fit your 9.

12. Captain Winky

Shoe size there should be regular US size. I don't have experience with boots, but for other shoes, they're a bit of a narrow size, so I am afraid that their 8's will not fit your 9.

Hmm, well, I suppose I'll just wait and give them a try. Not worth canceling my order when the worst case scenario is being out return shipping. I do have a narrow heel, though. My only RL shoes are a pair of drivers (9) and a pair of Italian-made boots (8).

FWIW I'm a Prada 8, a Ferragamo 9 and a Barney's Coop 9.

13. intfxdx

intfxdx Senior member

I would like to buy a cashmere sweater, i found Polo label at a price 119 $ and Purple lable at a price $ 268 on ebay. which one is good value do you think ? I can afford purple label, do you think that it worth to pay for it ? or Polo is as good as Purple label ? Thanks

14. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Senior member

Does anyone know if the Polo Ralph Lauren tailor clothing from the Made In USA (union label, etc) era is full canvassed or half canvassed like the current made in Italy offerings?

15. intfxdx

intfxdx Senior member

Does anyone know if the Polo Ralph Lauren tailor clothing from the Made In USA (union label, etc) era is full canvassed or half canvassed like the current made in Italy offerings?

I bought a PRL made in the USA suit on ebay, i am told (on this forum) that they are full canvassed. I have the suit but i don't know how to understand if it's full canvassed. I have also a PRL made in italy suit (corneliani), i like it more than made in the USA one. I hope that it's useful for you.

16. Pharrell

Pharrell Senior member

I would like to buy a cashmere sweater, i found Polo label at a price 119 $ and Purple lable at a price $ 268 on ebay. which one is good value do you think ? I can afford purple label, do you think that it worth to pay for it ? or Polo is as good as Purple label ? Thanks
    I don't know about Purple Label but Polo cable cashmere sweaters I have are really nice and soft to the touch. I even like those more than my Bottega Veneta and Ballantyne cashmeres Also they retail for around $400 so $119 is not a bad deal imho

17. intfxdx

intfxdx Senior member

I don't know about Purple Label but Polo cable cashmere sweaters I have are really nice and soft to the touch. I even like those more than my Bottega Veneta and Ballantyne cashmeres
    Also they retail for around $400 so $119 is not a bad deal imho

Thanks Pharrell, as you said i would go for 2 polo cable cashmere sweaters than one purple label. I am also surprised that from descriptions (sellers indicate sizing) on ebay polo label seems to me more slimmer that purple label but according to RL website purple label is more slimmer.

18. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

The ones made in the late 90s were half canvas but full canvas before that.

19. CashmereLover

CashmereLover Senior member

My PRL shirts, purchased in retail shops here in Europe, have the label "Polo by Ralph Lauren" like the label on more or less all PRL clothes, e.g. the cashmere sweaters. Most shirts I see on eBay and ralphlauren.com though, i.e. shirts mainly sold in the US, have a label with only "Ralph Lauren" and a pony. Does anyone know why? I can find the exact same classic Oxford shirt in my closet and on ralphlauren.com, but with slightly different labels...