• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

nohomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
I have seen RRL suit made by Caruso, but not sure if it's all made by Caruso. Quality is not up to Caruso made for RLBL for sure though.

Any ideas on who makes their Made in USA jackets?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any information about the "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren line? (as you can imagine, it's a bit hard to search for)
IIRC it's carried by Dillards stores.

Is it a Jones NY spin off of "Lauren"?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Ralph Lauren is women's wear as far as I know. Lauren Ralph Lauren is the men's wear equivalent.

Although things many have changed.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
There was a short lived silver "RALPH" on dark blue label men's line. Still available? 'bout the same as Lauren. I think it was/is? also by Peerless of Canada. Diffusion confusion ad infinitum.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found out more,
Ralph Ralph Lauren, is suits and such exclusively for Dillards, still around.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
Does anybody know, who makes the RL Polo Golf stuff, that seems to turn up quite often recently?

I just got a tweed jacket and it says Made in Italy, but it lacks the inside tag.

Any info would be appreciated.

Anyone?
Could it be Corneliani? But why wouldn't there be an inside tag?
Also I think the retail is lower, than the regular Polo made in Italy stuff.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
Anyone?
Could it be Corneliani? But why wouldn't there be an inside tag?
Also I think the retail is lower, than the regular Polo made in Italy stuff.

The RL Polo Golf stuff is made by the same manufacturers who make the standard RL Polo stuff - i.e. The Made in Italy is Corneliani the other stuff could be anyone.

The labels on RL Polo clothing made purely for Europe are different to those for the US market.

SoHoJoejoe

Reaction score
Just bought this RLBL Khaki sport coat off a user in B&S here.
I noticed the large manu. tag that is on my BL suits from this year is absent from this jacket, which instead has a small black tag on the inside front waste. Also the neck tag is blank instead of saying "Made in Italy". The inside breast pocket tag instead says "Made in Italy for" and then lists the various international brand names RL has.

Who ever made it seems to be of quality, as pictured by the hang sewn lining (though one part needs to be re-done because it started to pull).

Any one have any info on this item? Perhaps who and when it's from.

Original sale post

tacitvs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
found out more, Ralph Ralph Lauren, is suits and such exclusively for Dillards, still around.
Any idea on the quality of these? I just picked up a 100% cashmere "Ralph Ralph Lauren" blazer on ebay that is from Dillards. Made in Canada, which makes me think it is in the same family as Lauren.
plain.gif

Taken Aback

Reaction score
Re: The Op's post: Ralph lost control over Lauren? Despite the low quality, I thought PRL still owned that line.

American Living is also missing from the OP's list. Speaking of which, is AL owned by PRL, or just Ralph consulting with a wholly separate co. producing it?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoHoJoejoe
Just bought this RLBL Khaki sport coat off a user in B&S here.
I noticed the large manu. tag that is on my BL suits from this year is absent from this jacket, which instead has a small black tag on the inside front waste. Also the neck tag is blank instead of saying "Made in Italy". The inside breast pocket tag instead says "Made in Italy for" and then lists the various international brand names RL has.

Who ever made it seems to be of quality, as pictured by the hang sewn lining (though one part needs to be re-done because it started to pull).

Any one have any info on this item? Perhaps who and when it's from.

It is still a Caruso suit. A suit of mine from this past season is the same.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taken Aback
Re: The Op's post: Ralph lost control over Lauren? Despite the low quality, I thought PRL still owned that line.
They do. Licensed to Peerless.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taken Aback
Ah, thanks. I see it now. http://www.peerless-clothing.com/ Fubu and Sean John too. That just smacks of quality. Does PRL vet the specific designs, or do they just rake in their cut of the sales? Same with AL.
Not sure, but I own 2 pairs of flannel trousers and 2 RLR suits and am extremely happy with the quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads