1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Green Label

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jj4, Mar 21, 2005.

1. jj4

jj4 Well-Known Member

I was going through my closet today, trying things on and getting rid of things that don't fit or I don't like. I ran across a Lauren Ralph Lauren shirt with a green label. It had no logo and I would say the construction was not very good, however, the fit was very slim compared to the blue label of the same size. Does anyone know more about this line?

2. Horace

Horace Senior member

I think it was the line for children.

Edit: no joke, I think it was sized for boys.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

Haha.. there were a few men's pieces made for that line. I have found an occasional shirt or jacket, and my stepdad has an overcoat from it. I think it only lasted a short while a few years back. It is still around for women IIRC. Don't know about kids, though.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Isn't green label women's clothing as well?

5. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

Lauren for Ralph Lauren. See it all the time in Polo outlets.

Men's jackets are fused. I did buy two pair of flat front wool pants, one tan and one navy on discount that fit pretty nicely - not too slim or full. Serviceable for business wear or the night out and if something spills on them, shrug your shoulder and move on.

6. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

For men it is licensed dross, not worth talking about on this forum. For women, the license has been bought back from Jones Apparel last year; the line is good.

7. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

I have one Green Label sport coat, tannish with green and burgundy nailheads (I know there is a name for this particular pattern, as I have seen it in other jackets, but I don't know what it is...). I like it, but don't wear it often. The cut is flattering on me, so that's all I really care about. Definitely not top-grade construction, though.

8. drewtronius

drewtronius Senior member

I just recently purchased a jacket from a resell spot out here in Boston, it has a green tag-- is it any sign of when the jacket was produced?