• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ralph lauren gone mad

djohns7275

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
5
ralph lauren purple label shoes as everyone knows are made by edward green.in the past they always priced them about £50 more than the equivalent model that you could buy from edward green .but ralph gave you a pair of shoe trees as well so the priceing was ok .but now all thats changed.the price he wants is wait for it ,your not going to believe this £1100 .thats right edward green are currently selling in the jermyn street store for £600. and ralph wants us to pay him £500 extra for the same shoe. so was ralph smokeing crack when he worked out that price ,or has he just gone mad.or is it that he's just takeing the piss
 

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
4,927
Reaction score
1,172
I thought they were £660 in EG? At least the dovers were when I went there a few days ago
 

heavyd

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by djohns7275
ralph lauren purple label shoes as everyone knows are made by edward green.in the past they always priced them about £50 more than the equivalent model that you could buy from edward green .but ralph gave you a pair of shoe trees as well so the priceing was ok .but now all thats changed.the price he wants is wait for it ,your not going to believe this £1100 .thats right edward green are currently selling in the jermyn street store for £600. and ralph wants us to pay him £500 extra for the same shoe. so was ralph smokeing crack when he worked out that price ,or has he just gone mad.or is it that he's just takeing the piss

He'll take the bigger price from the select regulars and celebs and then mark them down 50%+25% after Thanksgiving. At least that is what they have always done.
 

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
8,105
Reaction score
91
The prestige of wearing PURPLE LABEL is well worth the £500 markup.

You don't hear Jay-Z rapping about rocking a pair of Edward Greens



Purple Label
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
20,817
Reaction score
3,362
Originally Posted by lee_44106
The prestige of wearing PURPLE LABEL is well worth the £500 markup.

You don't hear Jay-Z rapping about rocking a pair of Edward Greens



Purple Label


lol
 

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
40,680
Reaction score
31,627
So RLPL is back to EG ? I thought they were made in Italy now... I'm a bit lost
 

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
4,927
Reaction score
1,172
Originally Posted by gdl203
So RLPL is back to EG ? I thought they were made in Italy now... I'm a bit lost

Bit of both I think
 

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
1,107
Soon they'll be £1100 in Edward Green, the way that company is raising its prices like no tomorrow.
 

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
4,927
Reaction score
1,172
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Soon they'll be £1100 in Edward Green, the way that company is raising its prices like no tomorrow.

+1. Is it £660 now or am I going mad?
 

djohns7275

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
5
i was in edward green recently and most of the styles were £600.some models like the dover were £695.but ralph has still gone mad with his priceing.they still have a model from last year a brown lace derby which is on display at £595,and right next to it they have a plain oxford and a full brougue and they are both on sale at £1100,which are both from this season it just makes no sense
 

DrTT

New Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
on rl.com they sell the obrian calf shoe for $1250 are they also made by EG?
 

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
7,343
Reaction score
12
That's it, I'm headed over to the mansion















 

Bull

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
1,285
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by djohns7275
ralph lauren purple label shoes as everyone knows are made by edward green.in the past they always priced them about £50 more than the equivalent model that you could buy from edward green .but ralph gave you a pair of shoe trees as well so the priceing was ok .but now all thats changed.the price he wants is wait for it ,your not going to believe this £1100 .thats right edward green are currently selling in the jermyn street store for £600. and ralph wants us to pay him £500 extra for the same shoe. so was ralph smokeing crack when he worked out that price ,or has he just gone mad.or is it that he's just takeing the piss

This. He's definitely taking the piss.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,504
Messages
9,450,658
Members
198,069
Latest member
8taylorc5822yg4
Top