• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Fall 2009

bc78

Reaction score
Some of the BL stuff looked a bit too Sprockets for me.

KevM

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily the biggest RL fan. But, I went to the local store and I really like the way BL fit and looked on me. The cut seemed different than the Corneliani that I tried on 30 minuted before.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
these are way sweet. looks like RL is fastly becoming my next favorite brand now. The blue labels are so sharp looking. are they still Corneliani?? doesnt look like the typical generic corneliani silhouettes.

Big +1. Given my budget, I'll look forward to when the PL stuff hits the outlets this time next year
smile.gif

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Absolutely loving the jackets in slide #'s 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, pants in 11, 12, 16, and the overall fit in 45-48. Really great.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Polo looks are just fantastic.

Black Label slightly disappointing, but with some very cool outerwear. Consistent looks, but I'm not quite feeling it as much as usual.

Purple Label appears to have been influenced by the darker solid colour palette of Black Label, but still some nice items. The brown leather overcoat in 52 is simply magnificent.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren is severely hit and miss. They do the whole "English Look" thing very well, but some of those looks are incredibly "Euro-Trash", or just plain revolting.

Examples I often see of Ralph messing it up, is pairing tailoring with something like cargo pants or a ridiculous belt.

darkoak

Reaction score
Some of the blue label lapels look really wide:
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00070m.jpg

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also noticed how wide the lapels and ties were and was a little turned off by it. The first thing that came to mind was that maybe Tom Ford will be to polo what Dior is to black label. Either way, PL got the lapel size right. Also, the button stances were very, very low. Some silhouettes were not as slim. If all those aspects would have all shown up at the same time in a single suit, it would have been a hideous 70/80's hybrid. Thankfully it didn't.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
Some of the blue label lapels look really wide:

00010m.jpg

00040m.jpg

These were easily my two favorites of the entire collection.

PRL : A-. The first 10-15 pictures were AWESOME.
bounce2.gif
Those last couple looks were too....RL Rugby-ish? Not necessarily a bad thing, but too cartoony. Overall, great.

RLBL : B-. Solid fits as always, but I agree with others....just a little bit too 'try hard'. The RLBL chelsea boots were
inlove.gif

RLPL : A- Much more subdued than I thought, especially in terms of lapels. In the past I would have preferred RLBL over PL, but not this time around.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A solid showing of some nice 3-pieces. The BL didn't really do much for me. It looks they are are going to produce 2 types of BL shirts, the one's they've had for a long time and one with less of a spread collar.

The wide lapels and low button stance is interesting, but they are much to wide for me.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of tassel loafers in that slideshow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics