• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Fall 2008

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is black label so devoid of color? People want that cut...why not provide it in different colors and patterns now?

BlvdDandy

Reaction score
Are these sweaters?! Amazing, I love it.

00150mym7.jpg

00160mlq5.jpg

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
It's as if he starts off with Etonian school looks, moves to Matrix/Anime superhero and ends in Palm Beach.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love these Black Label looks -

00350m.jpg
00360m.jpg

REALLY love these RLPL -

00430m.jpg
00460m.jpg
00470m.jpg

And what a cape!

00500m.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see Asian characters and really wide ties are sadly still being pushed.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love love love the Polo stuff the Black Label suits are amazing. I'm actually kind of disappointed with the Purple Label. The crazy spread collars + crazy wide ties are looking kind of weird for some reason. How much cooler would this outfit look if the tie was half the width?
00550m.jpg
Overall, great stuff.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Why is black label so devoid of color? People want that cut...why not provide it in different colors and patterns now?

Check out this season's Black Label on the web-site.

Pink, Green, Aqua Blue, and a bunch of other colors, in stripe and checkered. I already got one of their dark navy ties and the aqua blue dress shirt. I like the pink one too, just not sure if I'd wear it.

The black label suits do look great.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Check out this season's Black Label on the web-site.

Pink, Green, Aqua Blue, and a bunch of other colors, in stripe and checkered. I already got one of their dark navy ties and the aqua blue dress shirt. I like the pink one too, just not sure if I'd wear it.

The black label suits do look great.

Funny because when I went to the Mansion none of that stuff was there. All those colors were in the purple label line and i think it was around 800 bucks for a thin cashmere sweater. Their Black Label line seems to have merged with their RLX line and some even had "black labels" with RLX buttons.

John Ellis

Reaction score
Overall a great set of looks from RL. Pity the white tie and tails demonstrates a major faux pas. The bottom of the white waistcoat should never be below the front of the tail coat. It's evening dress 101. Given that they have armies of stylists on huge salaries no doubt, how did this get past.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Funny because when I went to the Mansion none of that stuff was there. All those colors were in the purple label line and i think it was around 800 bucks for a thin cashmere sweater. Their Black Label line seems to have merged with their RLX line and some even had "black labels" with RLX buttons.

Purple Label does have a lot of those colors as well, especially in the thin cotton and linens, but the colours I mentioned in Black Label have been in at Holt Renfrew in Canada for about a month now, they are the only supplier of BL in Canada that I know of, but I would think all the American suppliers would get their stuff before or at least at the same time as Canada.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Ellis
Overall a great set of looks from RL. Pity the white tie and tails demonstrates a major faux pas. The bottom of the white waistcoat should never be below the front of the tail coat. It's evening dress 101. Given that they have armies of stylists on huge salaries no doubt, how did this get past.
Perhaps the current president has set a new trend. Isn't there also some photo of Mr. Lauren in a dinner jacket with jodhpur pants and riding boots?

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Ellis
Keep in mind the photos are from a runway show and the normal rules and formalities don't always apply (e.g., recent Thom Browne theatrics and Miuccia Prada's psycho-sexual outfits, Alexander McQueen's costumes, etc.). I'm sure the unusually broad ties and the cloak/cape should be interpreted in the same vein; it's more the idea, image, mood or the concept they're trying to convey. I don't think the designers themselves actually expect most wearers to pull off the runway looks...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
A cape is 3/4 at most. This is a cloak. Who can pull this off?

Besides Dracula?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads