Ralph Lauren Darlton Wingtips

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dreamtripper, Mar 19, 2011.

1. dreamtripper

dreamtripper Senior member

I tried these today and really like them. Are these based on a comparable C&J model? Is there anyway to get a discount without waiting for a RL sale? (I need a 10D) Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think edmorel was selling these in a 10D for $500. Dont know if they are still available though, I think they are.

3. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

The Darlton/Marlow wingtip is the C&J Pembroke.

4. malat

malat Senior member

I tried these today and really like them. Are these based on a comparable C&J model? Is there anyway to get a discount without waiting for a RL sale? (I need a 10D) Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Yes, they are based on the Pembroke, I believe. You may get a discount, but no where near the discount you'll get during the private sale. I got them for under $400. Its definitely worth waiting for the sale. Love these shoes.

5. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

They're based on a C&J model, but that model is made in calf not shell. If you want them in shell you need to get them through RL or MTO through C&J.

6. dreamtripper

Thanks, I'll send him a message to check.

I think edmorel was selling these in a 10D for $500. Dont know if they are still available though, I think they are.

7. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Yes, they are based on the Pembroke, I believe. You may get a discount, but no where near the discount you'll get during the private sale. I got them for under $400. Its definitely worth waiting for the sale. Love these shoes.

I receive the RL sale emails but not sure about the private sales...how do you sign up to be notified about the private sale?

8. toade

toade Senior member

Sorry, I bought them from edmorel about a month ago... and they are AWESOME

9. Salad

Salad Senior member

I have Darltons and love them and I'm looking for a Danite sole shoe for rainy weather. I wear a US9.5D in the Darlton. If I were to order a pair of Pembroke's, should I go with a UK9E?

10. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

I have Darltons and love them and I'm looking for a Danite sole shoe for rainy weather. I wear a US9.5D in the Darlton. If I were to order a pair of Pembroke's, should I go with a UK9E?

Yes.

11. dreamtripper

Got a pair today from the RL store!

12. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Got a pair today from the RL store!
    Ordered a pair from Neiman Marcus. Expecting them Monday or Tuesday. They are sold as Marlow. It's weird b/c on the RL site they are referred to as Darlton. Why 2 interchangeable names for the same shoe??

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

14. dreamtripper

Would have preferred not to. If I happen across a bargain, I'll just buy another pair!

2 of you paid full price?? [​IMG]

15. oaw01

oaw01 Senior member

The shoes are alright. My darlton is all dry and shit. I brushed the hell out of it. I lotioned it. I even put some cordovan polish.