• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ralph Lauren Chinese Shoes

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any opinions on Ralph Lauren's Chinese-made shoes? I've had two pairs--a pair of black, plain toe rubber-soled bluchers that I've had for almost 8 years and impressed me as durable, comfortable shoes and a pair of ivory bucks I bought in December 2003 (obviously from the last and construction from the same vendor as the black shoes). These also seem like very decent shoes (although I am the first to admit I am not as "shoephisticated" as some forum regulars).

What particularly brought this to mind was that at Gary's in Fashion Island last night I saw another pair of these Chinese RLs, these a tan calfskin and white suede saddle shoe that seemed quite appealing--not as appealing as the RLPL/EG spectators in the same color combo I have seen recently, but appealing nonetheless. And at $145 I could buy the saddle shoes, whereas the spectators at $850 would probably land me in divorce court. Given that most any Ralph Lauren product at full retail is not going to be a super value, do any knowledgeable forumites have an opinion? Should I go for the RL-Chinese saddle shoes or pass them by?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's