• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ralph Lauren CEO To Depart Over 'Different Views' With Founder, Shares Tumble

michaelvl

Reaction score

Quarks

Reaction score
Warning:- I'm resurrecting this post.
I agee wholeheartedly that RLPL has suffered in recent times - both in terms of quantity & quality. Used to be able to find amazing quality items (luxurious suede belts/ supple suede leathers/ baby soft cashmere, etc) but it seems they are a rarity these days. At least here in Australia & Singapore.

I used to be able to walk in the boutique stores and find a variety of RLPL suits - in drake/ savile row cuts. (Tokyo Shibuya is a true haven) But now, all they have is Anthony cuts brought over from RLBL. I am particularly frustrated that there is literally no drakes line available in the places I have been and I understood that saville row cuts are only MTM (source from London new bond street). Singapore Marina Bay Sands boutique has closed down and am unsure if any of RLPL items will be available at all in the country. Even the RL main website has minimal drake line available since I last checked.
Mr Porter used to carry them but they are mostly casual wear these days. What on earth is going on?!

I still do pick up occasional RLPL items from my travels but they are selling more of the RLPL casual wear than formal wear. I have been craving for a selection of RLPL formal wear particularly drake suits (none of the Anthony cuts) but there are none to be found in my vicinity.
Dont be mistaken, I am fan of Anthony cuts from previous RLBL but drake (love the well-balanced shoulders) is a whole new level of quality in terms of best available RTW which I occasionally treat myself with one of these suits. We are living in sad times.

It has resorted to me seeking elsewhere for RTW with more miss than hit - one of them being my recent Cifonelli sports coat - that's another story for another time.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.