• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Camelhair Polo Coat

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dukeaw

Reaction score
I just got the Anthology polo coat. I'm very impressed. Heavy yet soft fabric. It has impeccable finishing. I would argue it is higher quality than the RL one. I believe it has more tailored shape than the RL coat. Its is incredibly high quality and even a slightly more affordable price

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the Anthology polo coat. I'm very impressed. Heavy yet soft fabric. It has impeccable finishing. I would argue it is higher quality than the RL one. I believe it has more tailored shape than the RL coat. Its is incredibly high quality and even a slightly more affordable price

What makes it better than the RL polo coat?

The Anthology is sold out in size 40 and every other size basically. Is their online inventory not accurate?

dukeaw

Reaction score
What makes it better than the RL polo coat?

The Anthology is sold out in size 40 and every other size basically. Is their online inventory not accurate?
I didnt realize it was sold out. You could email them and ask if they have more being made.

It is a partly hand made garment. The quality of the stitching is impeccable. They did not leave any detail overlooked. More of the price is towards quality of construction.

I cannot speak to the RL coat, but I would imagine it is a machine made garment. With the RL garment you are paying for the RL name and good quality garment. More of the price is towards the RL label

The Anthology coat is much more structured and shaped. the RL one is more loose and boxy.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didnt realize it was sold out. You could email them and ask if they have more being made.

It is a partly hand made garment. The quality of the stitching is impeccable. They did not leave any detail overlooked. More of the price is towards quality of construction.

I cannot speak to the RL coat, but I would imagine it is a machine made garment. With the RL garment you are paying for the RL name and good quality garment. More of the price is towards the RL label

The Anthology coat is much more structured and shaped. the RL one is more loose and boxy.
so you own both? That's awesome!

Can you post some side-by-side pics?

dukeaw

Reaction score
so you own both? That's awesome!

Can you post some side-by-side pics?
I dont own both, just the Anthology one. Just speaking from what I've seen of RL garments.

here is the post about the Anthology polo coat with pics

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I'm looking for a polo coat with no shoulder padding or roping. Would that be the RL polo coat then?

dukeaw

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm looking for a polo coat with no shoulder padding or roping. Would that be the RL polo coat then?
Unfortunately I cant speak to the RL one's specific makeup other than what I can see in the pics. Knowing RL's typical style it would probably be a more trad american aesthetic which is softer shoulders. But I'm just some rando on the internet that hasnt seen the RL one in person

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont own both, just the Anthology one. Just speaking from what I've seen of RL garments.

here is the post about the Anthology polo coat with pics

oh.......interesting. Then how can you say one is better than the other?

dukeaw

Reaction score
oh.......interesting. Then how can you say one is better than the other?
Its just the opinion of some rando on the internet based on some assumptions... Also, whats better for me isnt whats better for you. stifler wanted softer shoulders. the Anthology coat is very structured, so it may not be what is better for him. There is no best. They are both good. I just felt that I was getting better value and higher quality with the Anthology one. I dont care about brands. Buying the RL one is buying the known quality and reputation of RL which Anthology doesnt have

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the J. Press polo coat is:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads