• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Camelhair Polo Coat

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this:

1611438162171.png

1611438184575.png

Anyone have this and can let me know how it is? Also, how is camelhair? I have never owned camelhair. I was thinking of getting a camel polo coat made in Zegna 100% cashmere. How does camelhair compare to cashmere? I want something that will keep me warm, is durable, and has a presence.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like anything else, it depends on the quality of the fabric’s weave and structure.

Quality camel hair is quite soft, on par with cashmere. As far as durability, again, refer to the above.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering who makes this coat. I know prior iterations of this coat were made in Italy by Corneliani

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It says Made in the USA.

Camel hair is harvested in a similar manner to cashmere, hence the price. Like cashmere, the undercoat is prized for its softness and insular properties.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure even if others post their thoughts here you still may be left with questions unanswered.

Why not order the coat, try it on and handle it yourself, and then provide a review from first-hand experience? Worst case, avail the return policy.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's what'll probably end up happening. I really want a polo coat and have been searching for the past few months.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's what'll probably end up happening. I really want a polo coat and have been searching for the past few months.

I assume you're familiar with the O'Connell's and Anthology ones then?

driving glove

Reaction score
I have to say that I don't care for the yellow saturation of the Ralph Lauren camelhair colour compared to the Anthology version, BUT I really like the lapped sleeves of the RL coat and dislike the flapped breast pocket on both. Hard to please, I know.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I don't know how they are. Just thought I'd mention them. The Ralph one is a classic, but the others look nice too.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O'Connell's is too beige, I need camel color. Anthology looks nice, but all sold out. Thanks

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the RL version available? I thought it was sold out, too. And if you like the Anthology coat you should email them; you might be able to order one.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
O'Connell's is too beige, I need camel color. Anthology looks nice, but all sold out. Thanks

Camel comes in lighter and more caramel-y colors. I guess you prefer the latter, but I just wanted to point out that the other is a pretty classic camel color too. Also, O'Connell's pictures aren't generally the greatest, so it may not even be that color.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a recent article. Nice read.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics