• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Butler

closerlook

Reaction score
Does anyone own this shoe?
Can you tell me about it?
Shell cordovan?

butler.png

butler2.png

closerlook

Reaction score
same color strap in cordovan?

There is the 'rhett' which I know is cordovan but has a different colored strap.

I just won them on ebay, but have come to worry that they are not shell as I had thought.

they are however new.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a tiny bit of micro-creasing...even though they really haven't been creased?

closerlook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
The ones pictures are not cordovan. I looked closer at the auction because I thought they were cordovan, but they clearly aren't.

is it the micro-creasing?

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by closerlook
is it the micro-creasing?
Yeah, shell just doesn't look like that when it creases. Definitely calf, but still nice-looking shoes.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
I have Rhett which has a red and blue strap and is shell cordovan. Not sure about RL Butler though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads