1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Black Label Suit - Pricing?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Brianpore, Aug 31, 2011.

1. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

+1 I think it looks great. Come on, this in unaltered. I agree though... I'd have to make many multiples of what I make now in order to justify a TF suit at retail.

:slayer: That sounds definitely right. I think it was in April. I was a newbie on SF, and I discovered the sale at the leg end of it just by walking into the store. I did pay exactly 400 bucks though... and then the alterations. I went through three rounds of alterations with three different tailors until I got it how I wanted. Wound up costing me around 800 in the end. It's a long story.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I don't know why you guys want solid navy or charcoal suit so badly and would pay a premium... they're very boring. I'm glad that the seasonal ones are discounted because they're much more interesting.

3. theriel

theriel Member

Madison Avenue. The keyword is stripes/checks. AFAIK everything goes on sale except for the *three* *solid* *traditional* colours. Alas...

Regarding RLBL style...
    The thing with RLBL is that... it is made for a particular posture. It's either for you or not, like many other brands. In my case that's *the only* suit OTR which looks reasonably good on me (well-fit, slim-cut). Think 36S or 38S + still quite a bit of adjustments. The only alternative found so far has been Gucci Signoria but that's overpriced here in NYC... :( . I had high hopes in Brooks Brothers when I moved to the US but... having bought the slimmest cut they had, I have still troubles with finding a tailor who would agree to make the adjustments... Thus, either RLBL or (most recently) bespoke

4. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

wow... 3 rounds of alterations?
    the only reason why i want the RLBL suit so badly is because it's close to a perfect fit off the rack
    i would only need to clean up the waist a tiny bit
    that's it for the jacket
    even the sleeves were about just right... forget if i need to shorten a bit or not at all
    pants ... undecided if i want belt loops or just keep the side adjusters

but this is all assuming that i can pick one up for about $700-800

i actually only tried on a solid navy in 40R ... and only glanced at the other colors and patterns
    but i guess i need to go check out the ones that will actually be discounted

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

6. LennonMcCartney

LennonMcCartney Well-Known Member

As stated earlier RLBL staple suits do not go on sale in the RL store. They were on Gilt for 500 in 2010, IDK if they ever will be again. Honestly, they are rare to find in sizes 36-38 on styleforum, and even more rare in a staple color. They are quickly snapped up. I looked for one for awhile online, but had no success. I bought one in charcoal, the results can be seen here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/246571/took-the-plunge-with-rlbl-critque#post_4524037

The response was universally that the shoulder were too big(even thought it was in my size), and if even they did fit well the chest would be too tight. I like it, and will continue to wear it to get my money's worth, but to everyone reading this, make sure you try it on in person and compare it to other brands to see how it fits (on multiple occasions) before you pull the trigger.

If you want a deal, you'll have to have some patience and some luck.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  7. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

If you really want a certain style call the Madison Ave. store, which usually has the biggest stock of RLBL suits and in the most sizes. Very rare sizes like 36 and 34 get passed through there but usually privileged people with retainer accounts get them. I met an individual who was called whenever a new style in 36R came in, if it was to his liking in style he had it pre-bought before it was even put on the shelves and then brought to him personally - the price was never an issue to him apparently.

I've seen Gilt get RLBL in 2010 like mentioned, but also one-off items appear in giant selections, so you have to be checking often to make sure you get it off Gilt for a steal. Otherwise eBay and StyleForum is your best friend and easiest way to check, other than discount department stores and certain RL Outlets

8. JChance

JChance Senior member

i forgot to mention the Lux store of Ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/TheLuxStore), which is like an online outlet for RL at a great price. I know a lot of SFers spend their money on this particular store, hah. You can try contacting him in person for more sizing (sometimes they dont put their full inventory online)

9. GgHrOeSyT

GgHrOeSyT New Member

is anyone interested in a navy RLBL Anthony sport coat in 40R or 42R? Also have a black anthony tuxedo RLBL size 40R both are from 2012 and BNWT. Feel free to call or txt 804-248-0959

thanks,David

Couldnt list it in the marketplace because i am a new member and cant wait the 45 days to get rid of them. looking for fair offers and no lowball offers. can provide pictures upon request. MSRP on sport coats are $1395 and tuxedo is $2295

10. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Thanks and have already spoken with them multiple times over the years. - They happen to also be a SF member.

11. changyaqiao

changyaqiao Senior member

u still have that tuxedo?