• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ralph Lauren Binghamtom Ankle Boot

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
These are on sale for $300 on rl.com and I was wondering if anyone here owns a pair. Who is the manufacturer, how does the sizing run and how slim is the profile? Do they work well with dark jeans? Are they better than the alternatives at the price point (Alden, C&J)

goodlife

Reaction score
Seems the typical reply concerning the made in Italy polos is that they are made by whatever manufacturer is cheapest at the time. Consensus opinion (hate for nonEnglish shoes included) seems to be these are a good deal in the sub $200 range. There have been a lot on the web at discout and I have even seen some of them at DSW. The leather and refinment of the stitching does not seem to be quite at the standard of the previous C&J made polo models. You can probably do better, or even find that shoe for less later.

Have you looked at the Peal pebble grain thread as a alternative?

To answer you other question, I do think they would work well with dark denim. Something trim, but not tight with a little bit of a strait leg. An added bonus being the dark color of the shoe will not be suceptible to rub off if the denim happens to be raw.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40