1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ralph feinnes wardrobe in skyfall!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ThinkDerm, Nov 9, 2012.

1. sydneycentric

sydneycentric Senior member

Who made his ties? The red looks like a Charvet. Anyone know where I can get my hands on the tie he's wearing in this scene??

[​IMG]

2. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

I don't see why the design of that tie would be unique to Charvet. A great number of shops along Jermyn Street (and shops within the 1.5 lm radius) sell ties like these. Certainly Charvet sells such ties too.

3. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Yeah, looks like a navy pindot, which is made by just about every decent tiemaker under the sun.

4. sydneycentric

sydneycentric Senior member

I dunno, the spots look a bit big to be pindot. The tie also has a 'metallic' look to it too.

5. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

I finally got around to seeing the movie, and this absolutely crossed my mind as a possible explanation. Say what you will about Tom Ford, but the "errors" made in Bond's suiting were not the typical quibbles we tend to have with his style. I think they deliberately packed some weight on Craig to compound the effect as well.

6. atila

atila Senior member

7. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

Who are you talking about? If its Ralph Finnes then i remember reading in a magazine it was timothy everest. If we are talking about Daniel Craig it was Tom Ford.

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

There's another candidate for the "Time to Take a Break From SF" Club...also known as TTTABFSFC.

9. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Hahahaha, could very well be true. I think it was mostly precipitated because I had recently been lamenting that its so hard to get a suit with trousers that fit properly (i.e. no tiny ass rise that leaves half your shirt peeking out between your jacket quarters).

10. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

11. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

???

12. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Senior member