• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph by Ralph Lauren??? Blue Label? Help

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone give me a quick hand with figuring out which Ralph Lauren line this blazer is from? Never seen this label before and from googling, its a line for young women? The jacket appears to be well made and has a very nice feel to it. 52% Silk and 48% Wool made in Canada.

P1160842.jpg

P1160846.jpg

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of (cheap) women's clothes with the Ralph by Ralph Lauren label. Never seen men's clothing from this line. Lauren Ralph Lauren (green and silver labels) are for men but they are not real RL; just a private brand using the name.

mdg137

Reaction score
I think a lot of the "Lauren" line jackets/suits are made in Canada also...

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is just an older line that has since been discontinued.

saiyar1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're asking or telling us this is a women's jacket but I've seen men's suits with that Ralph label. They didn't look all that different from the Lauren by Ralph Lauren.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a licensed line sold at Dillards.

jgeldner

Reaction score
Saw these suits at syms the other day...definitely on par with the lauren line

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdg137
I think a lot of the "Lauren" line jackets/suits are made in Canada also...

Yes I think it's the same factory near Montreal churning out crap for all kinds of companies.

skefferz

Reaction score
From the POLO RALPH LAUREN CORP. Form 10-K:

Ralph by Ralph Lauren

Superior fabrics and a precise, impeccable construction define the distinguished aesthetic of the Ralph by Ralph Lauren collection for men. Suit separates, sport coats, vests and topcoats are all fashioned with the hallmarks of better men's suitings, from half-canvas jacket constructions and high-quality Bemberg linings to hand-finished seams, felled cuffs and hems and reinforcements at natural points of wear. Timeless and unmistakably Ralph Lauren, the Ralph by Ralph Lauren collection offers refined luxury at an excellent value. Ralph by Ralph Lauren is available exclusively at Dillard's stores.

saiyar1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skefferz
From the POLO RALPH LAUREN CORP. Form 10-K:

Ralph by Ralph Lauren

Superior fabrics and a precise, impeccable construction define the distinguished aesthetic of the Ralph by Ralph Lauren collection for men. Suit separates, sport coats, vests and topcoats are all fashioned with the hallmarks of better men's suitings, from half-canvas jacket constructions and high-quality Bemberg linings to hand-finished seams, felled cuffs and hems and reinforcements at natural points of wear. Timeless and unmistakably Ralph Lauren, the Ralph by Ralph Lauren collection offers refined luxury at an excellent value. Ralph by Ralph Lauren is available exclusively at Dillard's stores.

This isn't that surprising. They have a bunch at Filene's. I was intrigued and tried it on. While it felt better than the typical green label, it still wasn't right for me in the armpits area and the shoulders weren't for me.. a bit less padding, yet still strongish construction. Honestly, it feels like somewhere between green and blue label. My Polo blue label jacket fits noticeably better. Not too bad tho.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RN is for Peerless, a large Canadian manufacturer of middle grade licensed lines.

Quite unexceptional by SF standards, adequate by others.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peerless is a huge factory in Montreal (?) that does a lot of work for other brands. Calvin Klein, Sean John, etc. Not to say that means they are all to the same spec, since they'll manufacture to the buyer's needs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads