raleigh denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robbie, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

got mine back! a month of wearing inferior denim has been hard. Will get pics up when i get my hands on a camera. They patched the knees and back pocket with some interesting denim: very stiff, yellowish/beige weft--might be mud dyed?--and stitched it into place with a ton of gold thread, such that you can't see the new denim patches at all, actually, just a zone of stitched gold thread. I would not have chosen gold myself, but it is an exciting and weird effect, since it connects to the standard gold stitching on the jeans elsewhere while looking pretty rock n roll. I'm going with it.

I don't know if Raleigh is doing a mud-dyed jean, but they appear to have some scraps around, at least.

2. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

Yes, but these were never terribly skinny, even before they stretched.
    I tried a 30 and couldn't button the top button, I (mistakenly) assumed that they were so small that they would not even stretch enough to be wearable. So I went tts, they fit snug, but I could easily button all the buttons, if they hadn't stretched so much they would be awesome. I just REALLY underestimated the stretch...

I have massive knee bags, wicked hip flair, and they are totally unwearable without a belt. Don't get me wrong, the jeans are awesome, they just stretch a lot.

3. furo

furo Senior member

Yeah I hear what you're saying. I am glad now that I bought a pair that I struggled hard as hell to get the top button done when I tried them on in the store. Luckily they were the only pair left, or I would have gone with a bigger size and made a mistake

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I'm wearing mine right now and went to a 29x34.. they are pretty snug still but I'm trying to wear them more often to get some good fades in them... hasn't done much as of yet! :embar:

5. atlhub

atlhub New Member

I've been told by the stores carrying Raleigh Denim (original thin) to order true to size... but you guys here are saying they stretch a lot. Thoughts?

6. furo

furo Senior member

I would definitely size them down a size to allow for stretching. I'd say the raw denim stretches between a 1/2 to full inch in the waist. Not sure about thighs and other areas

7. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

The originals I would def size down. If you can button them, go with them. Mine have stretched atleast an inch.

8. Kid Nickels

I've got original raws and went down to a 29" waist :embar: they are snug but have only stretched a little. At the rate I'm goin' I'm not sure if I'll wash these fuckers within the year! :lol:

9. furo

furo Senior member

That's why God invented the freezer

10. Kid Nickels

I'm sure i'll be doin that soon! :fonz:

11. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

been thinking about picking up a pair of the chambray Chathams in the B&S to rock this summer. hmmmm

12. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

13. Kid Nickels

^ good read.. thx for posting.

14. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

If they did, in fact, open a store in NYC, I think they'd be a great company to work for

15. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I decided to measure my Raleighs today, they are entering their sixth month and I figure they are (FINALLY!) done stretching.
    They are a size 31 (keep in mind they are not vanity sized) and laid flat, the waste measures just a hair over 17 inches. For those of you that dropped out of first grade, that's 3 inches of stretch.

Don't be afraid to size down more than may seem logical/comfortable at the time of purchase...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012