Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

raleigh denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robbie, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

got mine back! a month of wearing inferior denim has been hard. Will get pics up when i get my hands on a camera. They patched the knees and back pocket with some interesting denim: very stiff, yellowish/beige weft--might be mud dyed?--and stitched it into place with a ton of gold thread, such that you can't see the new denim patches at all, actually, just a zone of stitched gold thread. I would not have chosen gold myself, but it is an exciting and weird effect, since it connects to the standard gold stitching on the jeans elsewhere while looking pretty rock n roll. I'm going with it.

I don't know if Raleigh is doing a mud-dyed jean, but they appear to have some scraps around, at least.

2. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

Yes, but these were never terribly skinny, even before they stretched.
    I tried a 30 and couldn't button the top button, I (mistakenly) assumed that they were so small that they would not even stretch enough to be wearable. So I went tts, they fit snug, but I could easily button all the buttons, if they hadn't stretched so much they would be awesome. I just REALLY underestimated the stretch...

I have massive knee bags, wicked hip flair, and they are totally unwearable without a belt. Don't get me wrong, the jeans are awesome, they just stretch a lot.

3. furo

furo Senior member

Yeah I hear what you're saying. I am glad now that I bought a pair that I struggled hard as hell to get the top button done when I tried them on in the store. Luckily they were the only pair left, or I would have gone with a bigger size and made a mistake

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I'm wearing mine right now and went to a 29x34.. they are pretty snug still but I'm trying to wear them more often to get some good fades in them... hasn't done much as of yet! :embar:

5. atlhub

atlhub New Member

I've been told by the stores carrying Raleigh Denim (original thin) to order true to size... but you guys here are saying they stretch a lot. Thoughts?

6. furo

furo Senior member

I would definitely size them down a size to allow for stretching. I'd say the raw denim stretches between a 1/2 to full inch in the waist. Not sure about thighs and other areas

7. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

The originals I would def size down. If you can button them, go with them. Mine have stretched atleast an inch.

8. Kid Nickels

I've got original raws and went down to a 29" waist :embar: they are snug but have only stretched a little. At the rate I'm goin' I'm not sure if I'll wash these fuckers within the year! :lol:

9. furo

furo Senior member

That's why God invented the freezer

10. Kid Nickels

I'm sure i'll be doin that soon! :fonz:

11. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

been thinking about picking up a pair of the chambray Chathams in the B&S to rock this summer. hmmmm

12. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

13. Kid Nickels

^ good read.. thx for posting.

14. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

If they did, in fact, open a store in NYC, I think they'd be a great company to work for

15. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I decided to measure my Raleighs today, they are entering their sixth month and I figure they are (FINALLY!) done stretching.
    They are a size 31 (keep in mind they are not vanity sized) and laid flat, the waste measures just a hair over 17 inches. For those of you that dropped out of first grade, that's 3 inches of stretch.

Don't be afraid to size down more than may seem logical/comfortable at the time of purchase...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012