• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rainy Day Commuting

MDisciple87

Reaction score
Rainy here in NY today...

Besides galoshes, a good trench and an umbrella, what do you do to keep your tailored clothing from getting ruined before getting to the office? Trench and galoshes don't really protect the bottom of a trouser leg....

Anyone invest in Hunter-type knee rain boots? Recommend?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Door-to-door limo. :nodding:
Uber
Lyft

Last edited:

rwtc

Reaction score
If the weather's not too bad, I get in the helicopter.

TBH not much rain exposure here in downtown Toronto (driving or commuting), as one can get from one building to another underground. If I had to go outside, I'd wear beaters, have my umbrella handy, and maybe a raincoat.

I have never seen anyone wear Hunter style boots ... if you have already decided to get those, get hunter style boots, but without that awful logo. You can even perhaps consider getting the shorter version (Short Wellington).

But honestly, pants are meant to be worn and to be replaced. Another excuse to buy new pieces in your wardrobe

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot think of a normal circumstance in which your basic premise would materialise. Unless you are wading through water you will hardly suffer in the manner you claim.

Stop overthinking something that will not happen.

jamiemcp

Reaction score
You'll look like a dick walking through town wearing a pair of boots (even hunters) besides having your trousers tucked into the boots will crease them up something rotten.

Best is just to suck it up, maybe sponge and press your trousers when you get home if they are dirty.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could pack your tailored clothes and change when you got to the office or keep a travel iron at your desk. I usually wear dark pants when it rains so if they do get wet it doesn't show as much.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 54 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 107 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%