• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Raincoat to Wear Over Suit

Ebitdaddy

Reaction score
Looking for an overcoat/raincoat/trenchcoat to wear over suits. Any ideas? Looking for links to pieces.

I love the idea of a houndstooth / tweed overcoat but dig the look of belted trenchcoats too.

norMD

Reaction score

Ebitdaddy

Reaction score
As andy said burberry, mackintosh or aquascutum are classics. Permanent style has their version. Norwegian rain has some more contemporary designs. Alot of lifestyle/athletic brands have options aswell. Peak. Arc'teryx. Norrona, UBR, Swims
A cotton-poly/nyon mac could be an affordable option.

Lorpo piana has their storm system which is supposed to water proof any fabric including wool. Dont know if tweed/houndstooth fabrics are available.
Bro, chill with the affiliate links. :p

norMD

Reaction score
You asked for links and thats what you got.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I don't know what you want to spend but on the other end of the price spectrum Macy's has London Fog raincoats which, although certainly not Burberry quality, are serviceable for the purpose of protecting your suits from the rain.

dluce76

Reaction score
Just keep an eye on eBay for used trenchs. I just grabbed an aquascutum Bogart trench from @SpooPoker for ~$50 - needs a few alterations but in really fantastic shape, and far cheaper than $1250 new.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for an overcoat/raincoat/trenchcoat to wear over suits. Any ideas? Looking for links to pieces.

I love the idea of a houndstooth / tweed overcoat but dig the look of belted trenchcoats too.
How about a combination tweed overcoat and rain coat?

less expensive:

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 120 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 39 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%