• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rain boots? y/n?

moby

Reaction score
Are rain boots okay for men or should we stick to Duck boots?

Forgive the copypasta

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
if it's not raining?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's for functional purposes, why not? If it's a sunny, dry day like in the pics above, I don't see the point.

moby

Reaction score
@jet - I mean, would anyone really wear rain boots when it's not raining? It's like wearing running shoes when you're not running. Good point though, it got me thinking.

I think the boots the gentlemen are wearing in the last picture look very nice, by the way.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by moby
Are rain boots okay for men or should we stick to Duck boots?

um.... neither

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say go for it. When there is every a serious downpour stirring I go to mine as the main footwear choice. If you are in a office environment though galoshes would be a better pick.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.