1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rain and Trench Coat Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ThinkDerm, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Interesting, in theory it makes sense. But where I live I rarely see a trench coat unless it is absolutely pouring rain outside. Even then it is rare. So that I do not look a fool (albeit a dry one) I would use a 3/4 length rain coat.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

I love my Mackage Wade trench I bought last spring. Very modern, so I'm not sure it's everyone's cup of tea here, but I love it. :)

You can still get it at Mackage's site and it's on sale.

[​IMG]

4. williamson

williamson Senior member

I see your point - we all have to adapt our clothes to our climatic environment. Where I live, the annual rainfall is well over 1 metre (40") and it rains, on average, on 200 days per year, with March-April-May as the (relatively) drier and October-November-December as the (relatively) wetter seasons. So, for someone in the west of Britain (and even more so in Ireland) more than one raincoat is by no means a luxury

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I was hoping to get a cheap rain coat from uniqlo when I'm in the Uk this summer, but it appears they don't carry a navy single breasted model anymore, neither does the US.

Any other options for an affordable, 3/4 length cotton trench coat? (it might be called a mac coat, I don't know the terminology exactly)

I'm scouring ebay for a aquascutum or burberry to no avail.