• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have some jackets that I bought early on pre SF that are taking up space. Some are middle of the road manufacturers, others on the cheap end. Would these still qualify? I am not trying to peddle garbage, but I figure someone might get some use out of them.

fantastic CM

any pics/brief description size etc would be splendid

thanks man :slayer:

Reaction score
The brotherhood coming through!

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither will help anyone needing shoes for an interview, but if anyone has use for these they are available for the cost of shipping.

Walk-over scotch grain long wing gunboats on double leather soles. 10.5 D

Allen Edmonds long wing brogue tassel loafers. 10.5 D

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sacoor Bros. blue/white Slim Fit size 52 (European, close to a size 40 U.S.). This jacket is rather short so I suggest this for a shorter person for a more traditional fit.

Lands End Traditional fit Size 38 R.

Tommy Hilfigger Donegal type brown, size 42 R.

Jacobson's tweed (purple, green, red), 40R.

Today's Man brown herringbone twee, 40R. Waist is a bit snug on me, I wear a 40 for reference.

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Neither will help anyone needing shoes for an interview, but if anyone has use for these they are available for the cost of shipping.

Walk-over scotch grain long wing gunboats on double leather soles. 10.5 D

Allen Edmonds long wing brogue tassel loafers. 10.5 D

Awesome my friend, many thanks :slayer:

If anyone would like to take up his very kind offer please feel free to PM me or of course Seajen directly

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sacoor Bros. blue/white Slim Fit size 52. This jacket is rather short so I suggest this for a shorter person for a more traditional fit. Lands End Traditional fit Size 38 R. Tommy Hilfigger Donegal type brown, size 42 R. Jacobson's tweed (purple, green, red), 40R. Today's Man brown herringbone twee, 40R. Waist is a bit snug on me, I wear a 40 for reference.
Caustic Man fantastic :slayer: Please feel free to PM me or of course CM directly to discuss his very kind gesture

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A suit from Saks Fifth Avenues in house label. I think maybe five years old. 38R with 17.8 shoulders. Has been nipped, so anyone wanting to wear it should be a bit on the narrow side with regards to waist. Pants are 32. Half canvassed. Very, very small hole on near the cuff. Not really noticeable. More than passable for an interview.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A suit from Saks Fifth Avenues in house label. I think maybe five years old. 38R with 17.8 shoulders. Has been nipped, so anyone wanting to wear it should be a bit on the narrow side with regards to waist. Pants are 32. Half canvassed. Very, very small hole on near the cuff. Not really noticeable. More than passable for an interview.
Thank you Clags, superb :slayer: That would make a wonderful addition to someone's wardrobe, send a PM to me or directly to Clags to get the ball rolling Thanks again Clags

jfrater

Reaction score

I'll take the tie :)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Hober is not up for grabs ^_^

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think the jacket may be spoken for! Young bloke straight out of college. We're just checking to make sure if the arms are going to be the right length. Though come to think of it...he's 6'1. Damn. I need to ask him how long his jackets are.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received this great tie from Cleav a few days ago, and I have to say I'm very pleased.
Thank you, Cleav!

This is a good initiative too.

If anyone wants one or both of those two Japanese made suits, please send me a message.

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Received this great tie from Cleav a few days ago, and I have to say I'm very pleased.
Thank you, Cleav!

This is a good initiative too.

If anyone wants one or both of those two Japanese made suits, please send me a message.

You're very welcome Steff, thanks for the kind words.

Certainly hope someone takes you up on those suits, they're very nice indeed.

Let us know, anon' of course, if the Ragged Trousered Philanthropists (RTP) thread attracts a PM and subsequent donation :D

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Interesting...will ponder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads