1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cleav, Feb 16, 2015.

1. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I have a question:
    What kind of tie would be recommended for an interview? (I haven't had an interview for over 20 years.)
    I'm set with two suits (medium grey birdseye, and navy with a subtle plaid), and I plan to wear a white shirt. And I've got proper dress shoes for this.
    I think that I just need suggestions for an appropriate tie.
    Thanks.

2. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

You may want to post the question here.

Also, searching the forum for "interview tie" comes up with results like navy pindot, burgundy grenadine, etc, but I would follow that link and go through as many threads as you can find.

1 person likes this.
  3. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Thank you!

4. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I've got this Hickey suit that I'd be glad to give to someone in need. Classic navy worsted. Half-canvassed. 2 button. Trousers hemmed to about 32" with some fabric left to let them out. Size 40. I'm not going to take measurements, sorry. If you could use it, shoot me a PM, and we can discuss shipping. (Please note that Hickey was a sub-brand of HF. This isn't a full HF suit, but it's not bad.)

IMG_7846.png IMG_7847.png

EliodA, Cleav, flvinny521 and 3 others like this.
  5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

That one looks very nice! Too bad it's not my size.

6. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Great
    offer Six, thanks