• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rag&Bone

Brian SD

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start this thread to share some info, and have a place to ask questions so we don't clog up the pictures thread. All the info I'm about to post is confirmed information.

Numbering System:

R&B jeans were numbered in the order they were created, and coincidentally, they do get slimmer as they go up in number. Currently, the slimmest R&B jeans are RB11, but RB15, coming out in the Fall of 2006, will be slimmer yet.

Jeans with a "b" attached indicate an alternate color type. This can mean black, or it can be a different shade of indigo, be it a lighter turqouoise color or a purple-ish shade, not unlike APC indigo. For example, P2G2's RB6b are a lighter, streakier shade of indigo.

Jeans with a "s" attached indicate that they are selvage. Not all the tags have the "s" written on them, though, so the best way to know is actually to check the outseam yourself.

Denim:

All Rag&Bone jeans are made with Japanese denim, and are sewn in North Carolina.

The denim weight is determined by the model. Contrary to popular belief, not all models come in different weights. For example, the weight for RB11 is 13.75oz. Incidentally, the weave is so dense and compact that they feel lighter weight than they actually are.

Washing/Treatment:

All R&B jeans are treated with resin to fight shrinkage, and should not change at all after washing, except back to its original, unstretched size.

Sizing (not starch);

R&B jeans only come in even sizes. The smallest is 28x30. I'm not sure what the largest is.

I hope this answers many questions and curiosity you guys may have. As for places to buy, I would contact Mauro at The Denim Bar (http://thedenimbar.net) - his price for R&B jeans is very good compared to other US retailers.

Reaction score
Thanks for doing all the legwork, Brian!

How have you found the stretching in R&B? This is always a weird question, but I'm trying to decide between a 34x34 and 36x34. I wear a 34 in APC, but I could have gone with a 33, I think. My initial guess is that I should go with the 34 on looser models, and 36 on the 11+ range, right?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio
Thanks for doing all the legwork, Brian!

How have you found the stretching in R&B? This is always a weird question, but I'm trying to decide between a 34x34 and 36x34. I wear a 34 in APC, but I could have gone with a 33, I think. My initial guess is that I should go with the 34 on looser models, and 36 on the 11+ range, right?

Which APCs did you wear a 34 in? If they were Rescues, a R&B 36 would be better for you. If they were New Standards, and you could have worn a 33, I would get a 34 in R&B.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought rag&bone was actually manufactured in tompkinsville kentucky ....

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, great information.

minya

Reaction score
Does Rag & Bone make any washed/pre-distressed jeans? I really would love a pair of R&Bs but what the **** am I going to do with ANOTHER pair of dry jeans?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
Does Rag & Bone make any washed/pre-distressed jeans?

I really would love a pair of R&Bs but what the **** am I going to do with ANOTHER pair of dry jeans?

Nope, R&B jeans only come in barely-treated form. I suppose you can create a waiting list, Minya.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I suppose you can create a waiting list, Minya.
Did you know that you can hire young Chinese kids to accumulate massive amounts of gold for you in games like World of Warcraft for small fees?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Metal Circus

Reaction score
Doesn't that actually happen with fake Edwin and Levi's in Thailand and Cambodia?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
Did you know that you can hire young Chinese kids to accumulate massive amounts of gold for you in games like World of Warcraft for small fees?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

It's about the journey, not the destination.

dhamm

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the waist and thighs of the RB6 to any other jeans? I currently own some Diesel Zathans (33" W-loose), G-Stars (33" W), and a Nudie pre-washed Reg Ralf (34" W- kinda loose) and Im trying to decide how a 32" waist will work for me.

twin8885

Reaction score
I picked up my first pair of rag and bone RB1's for $166 from a store in chicago (they have a handful of raw's on sale). I was debating between those and a pair of Nudie Ola's and ended up going with the Rag and bones because of the looser fit. Do you guys think R & B makes a good raw jean?

Sevcom

Reaction score
FAIK, Rag and Bone makes only rinsed and washed, not raw, jeans.

Dill

Reaction score
I love the Rag & Bone jacket I got and am pretty sure these will be the next jeans I buy, though it will be a while. I definately want to try some on when I get a chance. Thanks Brian SD.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
does anyone know the fit of the RB1's? Is it comparable to the RB2's? I'm looking for more of a heavier straight leg jean sans bootcut. The RB2's are fairly light and have a bootcut, which i'm not quite fond of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads