Rag&Bone

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Ott

Ott Senior member

bump

anyone have any experience of what the sizing is like on R&B button-down shirts?

2. soultek

soultek Well-Known Member

shirt sizing is pretty accurate as far as the neck goes, but if you have broad shoulders like me, you might be SOL to find any size that is both slim fitting in the torso, yet has enough room for the shoulders. it kills me, R&B is one of my favorite brands, yet i cannot wear any of the jackets or shirts.

speaking of, anyone want to buy a slightly worn white check button up from last season for 100$? The neck size is 16. i'll post pics when i get home.

really great fabric and construction.

3. dmashita

dmashita Member

Can anyone confirm what model the '5 Pocket Jean Straight Leg - Rigid' on AE are? Are they the RB6?
    http://www.activeendeavors.com/produ...&pfid=AED15166

And for a size 30, are they 30x30 or 30x32?

One thing I'm also confused about is that the RB6 seems to fit slimmer on me through the legs than the RB11. I own a pair of the RB11 but recently tried on the RB6 (same size) and found them to be a slimmer fit than the RB11 (waist fits the same but legs were slimmer on the RB6). Anyone experienced that? The RB11 are supposed to be a slimmer cut and the pics on AE certainly looks so.

*UPDATE* AE updated their site with model numbers for the R&B jeans

4. Ott

Ott Senior member

shirt sizing is pretty accurate as far as the neck goes, but if you have broad shoulders like me, you might be SOL to find any size that is both slim fitting in the torso, yet has enough room for the shoulders. it kills me, R&B is one of my favorite brands, yet i cannot wear any of the jackets or shirts. speaking of, anyone want to buy a slightly worn white check button up from last season for 100$? The neck size is 16. i'll post pics when i get home. really great fabric and construction.
    well my chest is about a 37 and my waist is a 29. I get pretty much everything altered. If the fit is boxy I'm fine with that, I'll just put a couple darts in it. I'm just wondering if I could fit a Medium. Even after alterations it might be too big. Damn you activeendeavors! START CARRYING MORE SMALLS

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

I'm coming home from college this weekend, and will hopefully take a trip to a mall to go to Barney's CO-OP to try on some APC, Crate, and Rag&Bone.

Will post my impression of the fits afterwards !

Also, I found a pair of rag&bone on ebay for $125. they are 26x34...I'm a 30x32 in my 501s STF..thoughts?

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Rag & Bone won't make 32x34, I'd start a damn riot if they made something as silly as 26x34.

7. knucks

knucks Senior member

Rag & Bone won't make 32x34, I'd start a damn riot if they made something as silly as 26x34.
    [​IMG]

looks like 26 [​IMG]

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

well my chest is about a 37 and my waist is a 29. I get pretty much everything altered. If the fit is boxy I'm fine with that, I'll just put a couple darts in it. I'm just wondering if I could fit a Medium. Even after alterations it might be too big. Damn you activeendeavors! START CARRYING MORE SMALLS
    Those measurements are definitely small. To get a medium to fit, you'd basically have to recut the whole thing.

9. Ott

Ott Senior member

yeah you're right. I just love that collar-less shirt on AE right now.
    girl jeans.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

girl jeans.

Mmm... to be honest, Rag&Bone stuff is cut pretty slim. My chest is just over 35" and their shirt-jacket is a really nice slim fit on me. At 37" you may pull off a R&B medium quite well.

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

girl jeans.

Good call

12. DGP

DGP Senior member

The RB6 now on AE says it's a 33 inseam. Is it really? Has anyone ordered this jean from them? I have an older RB6 that just feels a bit too short when I wear a boot with it. What ever happened to the 34in inseam they were supposed to start making the 32 waist in? Did that go out the door with Nathan?

13. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I think my RB was closer to 31 than 33 :p Not too sure about the 34 inch inseam though, don't think its happening this season. I remember asking at HTC a long time ago (they had already placed orders for fall) and I'm pretty sure they said they didn't see that available. Though, I was told at South Willard that they starting making a 32x34 in non-denim pants, so maybe its on the way.

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

Well this inseam debacle has me a bit worried now. I recently order a pair of 36 RB6's and I definitely need an inseam longer than 32 inches.

15. heyej

heyej Active Member

I recently picked up a pair of RB11's from ABFits in San Francisco and they were tagged 32/34. Haven't measured the inseam to see it's actual length but they are definetly long ... I have to cuff about 2 inches and I'm 5'10" and usually wear a 32/32.