• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rag & Bone waxed cotton jacket

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thank you kind sir, though at this point I might as well wait and see what spring jackets are coming out in the next week or so. I know of one place that still has this in a L in LA so I'm going to wait a little before I pull the trigger.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, what's the sizing like on those R&B Hunting jackets? i remember factorypeople.com describing them as generously sized or something along those lines.

maybe i can find jet's source in LA and snag that Large. heh heh.

-Jeff

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Sup Jeff,

They're pretty tailored and add to the fact that it's lined for warmth, I couldn't put much under there except a T or button up.

raley

Reaction score
I just picked up a jacket quite similar to this: http://www.guisestore.com/product_p/67111.htm in black, but without the buttoned pockets, they are just open patch pockets. It was $180 from Barney's Co-Op, is this a good deal? I'm still undecided on whether or not I should keep it, but it seems pretty nice.

How do you take care of the waxed cotton? It is pretty heavy/stiff now, and when I touch it the wax sort of rubs off on my fingers. Do you just wear it and it kind of breaks in with time? Is it ok if you get rained on in it?

sam_tem

Reaction score
what you got was the work coat and i picked up mine from barneys for 180 as well which is a great deal. i'd be interested in knowing if there is any special type of upkeep as well, but i imagine this jacket would be best served by just letting it show it's wear.

as for the fit, i originally tried to go with a small to take out some of the volume since i'm a skinny medium. i had to take it back and go with the medium though cuz it was just too tight in the chest area.

ghostdeini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
I just picked up a jacket quite similar to this: http://www.guisestore.com/product_p/67111.htm in black, but without the buttoned pockets, they are just open patch pockets. It was $180 from Barney's Co-Op, is this a good deal? I'm still undecided on whether or not I should keep it, but it seems pretty nice. How do you take care of the waxed cotton? It is pretty heavy/stiff now, and when I touch it the wax sort of rubs off on my fingers. Do you just wear it and it kind of breaks in with time? Is it ok if you get rained on in it?
I thought it was waxed so it could get rained on... sort of like a Barbour hunting jacket, I would imagine you'd have to get the coating re-touched every so often

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
arrrgh...snooze i lose.

if anyone else was curious, i just called Factory People and the R&B Hunting jacket is sold out both on-line and in stores.

-Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads