1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Rag and bone RB15. The NEW new standard. Discuss.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by inviscid, Mar 17, 2013.

1. inviscid

inviscid Senior member

Bold statement, I know, but hear me out. I just retired my third pair of NS's and was looking to replace it with the another when my girlfriend talked me into popping into r&b. I'm a man of habit - wore APCs since highschool (8 years ago) and never looked back. I knew what fit me well and fuck it if I was going to change from three pairs of well loved and well lived in jeans.
    But rag and bone was only a couple blocks away from APC and even on the same street, so I decided to humor her... and holy christ. :slayer: if there ever was a smiley to describe it.

My two problems with APC was the rise (just an inch shy of being comfortable) and the stretch. Unbearable for a week to get them to their real size. Outside these two issues, the NS was all I ever needed. These solved both: rise high enough to give my area breathing room, and very slight give in the denim.

Naturally, I was looking to size down until my hips brused - the APC ritual I've known and started to feel affectionate towards - but the associate selling me the jeans told me not to expect me to button it up all the way after a few days on a pair that didn't completely fit. He saw my APCs and specifically said, "these ain't no APCs"! He's been right so far - the pair I bought fits exactly the same 5 days in. I expect it to give as I wear em, but no major stretching so far. Sizing wise, I wear a 32 in dress pants, a 29 in APC (post stretch) and a 31 in these.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned it yet... just enough room to be comfortable down under.

Nuff talk, here's the fit:

[​IMG]

There is a downside, though: these suckers cost $10 more than the NS. I paid $195, and the APC retails for $185. (I miss when the NS cost $120...) Not sure if I would choose these over the NS if the difference was $75, but at $10, no brainer.

Will keep you guys posted on how they fade.

2. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

Thats a great fit! You should post a full pic tho. They look like theyre the same color s APC's?