• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rag and Bone Questions

gqcao

Reaction score
I've been looking for a Rag and Bone selvage jeans but here is what i've found so far:
RB6 straight leg- rigid on activeendeavors.com. http://www.activeendeavors.com/produ...&pfid=AED15166
From my limit understanding on denim, it's a unwash denim. Here are my questions:

1) will i get my personal wear on these jeans like my Nudie selvage?
2) is there a better deal for Rag and Bone out there?

thanks

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqcao
I've been looking for a Rag and Bone selvage jeans but here is what i've found so far:
RB6 straight leg- rigid on activeendeavors.com. http://www.activeendeavors.com/produ...&pfid=AED15166
From my limit understanding on denim, it's a unwash denim. Here are my questions:

1) will i get my personal wear on these jeans like my Nudie selvage?
2) is there a better deal for Rag and Bone out there?

thanks

Nope, those won't wear like Nudies; they'll stay dark much longer. It's a good deal, I'm thinking of picking up a pair!

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Rigid may be closer to normal raw denim than the older RB6, so maybe it'll wear differently.

gqcao

Reaction score
ok. Styling. you're saying that it won't fade like Nudie selvage.
does it mean that we should them longer (more than 6 months) before washing them?
and also i'm wear size 31 on Nudie and with the site' recommendation, i should go with a 30. anyone has these jeans? is the recommendation accurate? thanks

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably could find a better deal out there. They were at Louis for about $90 this last week. Check Factory People. One thing you should know is that ActiveEndeavors screwed this forum for a good six months, making tons of sales and not paying the agreed upon fees, so Active is definitely on the list of stores that are not friends of the forum. Just FWIW.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* assholes, and I gave them my business..
plain.gif
I'm pissed, that is just wrong.

*I'm gonna send them a scathing e-mail*

seen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
You probably could find a better deal out there. They were at Louis for about $90 this last week. Check Factory People. One thing you should know is that ActiveEndeavors screwed this forum for a good six months, making tons of sales and not paying the agreed upon fees, so Active is definitely on the list of stores that are not friends of the forum. Just FWIW.

$90?! C'mon guys, someone tell me next time.

gqcao

Reaction score

thisisme

Reaction score
thigh & hem measurements on the 28 waist model?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I know is the RB15 is the slimmest RB cut. Don't have measurements.

thisisme

Reaction score
weird how it says the indigo fits small and the selvedge fits tts...

sam_tem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
All I know is the RB15 is the slimmest RB cut. Don't have measurements.

i was going to try and sneak this question in while all these r&b threads are around, but i guess you just answered it

thanks

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. I gave them quite a bit of business (actually just ordered another item, Rag & Bone hunting jacket, three days ago). Their service was always very good -- quick shipping, good return policy, etc. That totally sucks that they would do that. I'll have to look elsewhere for stuff going forward.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. I gave them quite a bit of business (actually just ordered another item, Rag & Bone hunting jacket, three days ago). Their service was always very good -- quick shipping, good return policy, etc. That totally sucks that they would do that. I'll have to look elsewhere for stuff going forward.

I agree that the service is pretty good. However, it's one thing to be nice when someone is patronizing your business, and quite another to be honest and straightforward when it's your time to pay.

The last time I talked to anyone at Active Endeavors was in September. I spoke with the CEO, Drew Davis, who assured me that he was going to personally figure out the commissions owed to the Styleforum affiliates program, and email me back the same day. He told me that, and I quote "You'll deal with my assistant. I'm not a warm and fuzzy kind of guy, but I will cut your checks. I like to do things straightup." I said "fine" and emailed immediately, forwarding a previous email from his previous creative director detailing the commissions promised us from June and July, and reiterated what our verbal agreement was." I never received an email back, despite repeated attempts to reach him and his assistant by email and by phone. We left their coupon and affiliateship up until December out of apparently a misguided trust in human nature. It would have been perfectly acceptable for him (Drew Davis) to say that they no longer wanted to be an affiliate, paid past dues, and we would have parted ways amicably.

Instead, Active Endeavors did thousands of dollars (I would estimate tens of thousands of dollars) of business through Styleforum endorsement, and left us out to dry. It is not as though Styleforum was gouging them. In fact, we went out of our way to be accomodating. At this point, it's water under the bridge - recouping affiliate fees would be extremely inconvenient at this point.

However, I would urge Styleforumites to patronize other retailers (Denim Bar carries all of the jeans lines and many of the clothing lines (they carry Surface to Air, The Cast, and Rag & Bone clothing, for example,) and to make it known that Active Endeavors does not do well by their friends. For those in Chicago, Hejfina has much better taste levels than Active Endeavors, and I would urge you to take any B&M business there rather than to Active Endeavors.

thisisme

Reaction score
http://www.activeendeavors.com/produ...&pfid=AED15599
http://factorypeople.com/index.php?i...f42158d540a5e3
RB15 Selvedge SLIM vs RB15 selvedge

http://www.activeendeavors.com/produ...&pfid=AED14941
http://factorypeople.com/index.php?i...f42158d540a5e3
RB15 indigo SLIM vs RB15 indigo

is there any difference between the jeans in the 2 links? are there 2 models of RB15's? RB15 and RB15 slim? or are they all the same? some say RB15 and some say RB15 slim.. was wondering if there was a difference or not

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads