• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rag and Bone Dress - Shirts/Suits

bstrand

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a long-time reader (read: lurker) of the forum for around 3+ years and after accepting my first job offer, I started to collect suits and dress shirts from several different designers. To make a long story short, I ended up buying 3 suits to start, one of them being by Rag and Bone. I bought 7 shirts (the "Duke" dress shirt) by Rag and Bone to go with my suit. Fast forward a year after my purchase and 4/7 of my Rag and Bone shirts have all split horizontally at my left elbow. I realize its probably because I lean quite often on my elbow while I'm at my desk, but I feel that a shirt that costs nearly $200 shouldn't give out after barely a year. Does anyone have experience with Rag and Bone customer service? Is there any chance I can bring these shirts in to the store and get reimbursed in some kind of way?

Thanks for the help,
Brian

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been a long-time reader (read: lurker) of the forum for around 3+ years and after accepting my first job offer, I started to collect suits and dress shirts from several different designers. To make a long story short, I ended up buying 3 suits to start, one of them being by Rag and Bone. I bought 7 shirts (the "Duke" dress shirt) by Rag and Bone to go with my suit. Fast forward a year after my purchase and 4/7 of my Rag and Bone shirts have all split horizontally at my left elbow. I realize its probably because I lean quite often on my elbow while I'm at my desk, but I feel that a shirt that costs nearly $200 shouldn't give out after barely a year. Does anyone have experience with Rag and Bone customer service? Is there any chance I can bring these shirts in to the store and get reimbursed in some kind of way?
Thanks for the help,
Brian

Not sure about the shirts but I think the suiting is done by Martin Greenfield, which is quality.

After a year of hard wear (especially if you are admitting that you lean on your elbow in a stressful way to the shirt) is tough man.

bstrand

Reaction score
Yeah, well I can't lie and did want to be straightforward about the legitimate wear that I put on the shirts on a day to day basis. I guess what was running through my head is that a co-worker of mine shops almost exclusively at Brooke's brothers and he told me that if a shirt ever fails on him that they replace it right away. I realize these two brands are very different in terms of the policies they may have as a result of the target audience (obviously BB has a much bigger audience and can afford to replace products more often).

Is the moral of the story that I shouldn't expect longevity out of more 'exclusive' brands like rag and bone? My thoughts at this point is that because I love the shirts, I will buy several to wear on weekends (on more rare occasions) and choose harder wearing brands for every-day wear at the office.

Thanks for the knowledge and opinions

Brian

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe the sleeves are too tight? That and constant leaning will do it.

As for asking for a return, that's unreasonable. These are cotton shirts of decent fabric, not automobiles with lots of working parts and failure points.

Last edited:

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi newbie here. As for the shirt, I did purchase a couple of plaid shirts from Rag and Bone but not the dress shirts. I assume the dress shirts are suppoed to be a lot stronger or durable. The shirt you bought was probably already torn or defective from and never noticed it until you wore it and moved around. Try emailing or calling them most support services do offfer a  discount on your next orders if you purchased online or replace your item as soon as possible.

Lol.

Oh and your friend should be careful in assuming that bb will just return the shirts. There have been changes in the return policy that make normal wear and tear things far more difficult to return.

At any rate this is normal for a cotton shirt. You relate price to quality. And then quality to longevity. However, quality has absolutely no correlation to longevity.

For example. Does a $50,000 viccuna suit last 50 times longer than a $1000 suit? No. In fact it would probably have a shorter life than a $1000 suit if worn the same amount of time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads