• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raffaelle Caruso Models

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How different do the various Caruso models fit?

I tried on a "Milano" model the other day and it fit great. I've come across some other Caruso models on sale, but the models are described in numbers rather than names.

Can anyone shed some light on the Caruso model lineup?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chris...I think you are possessed. Did Sid put the Raffaelle hex on you or something?

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a time sensitive matter... Someone is checking on a half-price Caruso sportcoat and suit in my size. I'm trying to figure out if the models are similar before I pay him to get the garments for me. That and I'm possessed and obsessive when it comes to clothing and shoes. Kind of like everyone else on this forum
smile.gif

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How comparable would Caruso suits be to RL black label suits? I know Caruso makes them, but not sure if the fit is the same b/w the two.

athletics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
How different do the various Caruso models fit?

I tried on a "Milano" model the other day and it fit great. I've come across some other Caruso models on sale, but the models are described in numbers rather than names.

Can anyone shed some light on the Caruso model lineup?

Hi William,

I purchased a Caruso blazer from Sid a few months back and it is tremendous. At the time they had just gotten in the order and either I did not ask the model or he did not know. The former I am sure. It may help if I tell you it is a 3 roll 2, notch blazer. I can look for other distinguishing marks and also the label for some details.

I know you have tried on what Sid has and its just great. I picked up some alterations there a few days ago and the Caruso's look special even from a distance.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks athletics. Glad you're enjoying your Caruso. I managed to find a Caruso odd jacket on sale for $566. It should be here in a week or so.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a Parma model, and I have a suit that is completely different. I check the label.

I would say their Sartoria De Parma, is much better than RL black label, MUCH.

A "caruso" labeled garment will also be higher, or much more stylized than the RL. They are soft garments, the suit I have is of an amazing fabric. The pants are very slim and the shoulders on the coat are not padded at all.
After some tailoring from Despos, it really is like second skin.

Generally, I think this brand is very under appreciated or known, so lets keep it a gaurded name?

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
There is a Parma model, and I have a suit that is completely different. I check the label.

I would say their Sartoria De Parma, is much better than RL black label, MUCH.

A "caruso" labeled garment will also be higher, or much more stylized than the RL. They are soft garments, the suit I have is of an amazing fabric. The pants are very slim and the shoulders on the coat are not padded at all.
After some tailoring from Despos, it really is like second skin.

Generally, I think this brand is very under appreciated or known, so lets keep it a gaurded name?

I have a Caruso mid-gray suit and a navy cashmere jacket and I can attest to all of the above. They are incredibly relaxed and comfortable to wear. The cashmere coat is like a cardigan.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do these generally run true to size or small?

Wicky

Reaction score
Having owned about 5 of their Sartoria Parma line suits I would say size is true. However, like antirabbit says, pants are pretty slim fit and you may have to let these out.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me who Sid is please?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
How comparable would Caruso suits be to RL black label suits? I know Caruso makes them, but not sure if the fit is the same b/w the two.

I'm pretty sure Corneliani not Caruso make RL Black & Blue label.

I too am a fan of the Caruso cut second only Brunello Cucinelli & at a great price point.

Here's my favourite Caruso, blue with gold (wheat?) bead stripe.

L1010131.jpg

L1010117.jpg

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Corneliani does blue, Caruso black.

Thank you.. I will go back to taking pics for WAYWT..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads