Raffaelle Caruso Models

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by william, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

I have a Caruso suit who's tag says N133. I have no idea what that means but it's a nice soft canvas with a pretty soft shoulder (allowances stitched under the shoulder).

It also has lapped seams which is a detail that I, for some reason, love and which you don't often see on RTW.

2. misterjase

misterjase Senior member

The soft suits and soft sportcoats from Raffaele Caruso are of interest. What "label" is top of the line?

3. Wicky

Wicky Senior member

Top line are their suits, (sports)coats that have a black label with in white letters: Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma. They also offer made to measure by the way.

4. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

6. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

arghhhhh, didn't want to hear that [​IMG]

7. cbj

cbj Active Member

Yes but I find their jackets run a size small, especially for someone as big up top as you are.

I did a search but couldn't quite figure out the answer and don't know SuitingStyle's build, so here is my question. Would you (or anyone who knows) say that the fit is similar to the Polo Black Label suits? I realize the styling may be different, but my question is more about the volume of in the chest, shoulders, & upper arms. I am normally a 42 but I have to size up to a 44 in Polo Black label and wonder if the experience would be the same in a Caruso Sartoria Parma. Thanks for any input.

8. foto010101

foto010101 Senior member

I did a search but couldn't quite figure out the answer and don't know SuitingStyle's build, so here is my question. Would you (or anyone who knows) say that the fit is similar to the Polo Black Label suits? I realize the styling may be different, but my question is more about the volume of in the chest, shoulders, & upper arms. I am normally a 42 but I have to size up to a 44 in Polo Black label and wonder if the experience would be the same in a Caruso Sartoria Parma. Thanks for any input.
    Caruso suits are slimmer than Polo Black Label suits in many ways.

9. cbj

cbj Active Member

Caruso suits are slimmer than Polo Black Label suits in many ways.

Thanks. Unfortunately the Caruso I was considering has sold out at Yoox, but I will keep it in mind.

10. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

I had despos let out a Caruso suit, and it fits like no other suit.
    That may be due to his touch, however, I have 5 other Caruso pieces and they all fit like few other garments that I own.
    So, I would not worry to much about them being very slim, they are made with some flex if you have the right tailor.

11. agbassano

agbassano Senior member

Wicky, where do the Caruso suits with red tags and white lettering fall in their line? Are they not fully canvassed etc?

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Top line are their suits, (sports)coats that have a black label with in white letters: Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma. They also offer made to measure by the way.

I am not sure this is the place to post them and whether it's okay to put so many pictures in one post (if not: please tell me, then I'll change the post), but here are some pictures of my latest summer suit (mtm):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Wicky

Wicky Senior member

Now this will get some of friends from the other side of the ocean drowling [​IMG] Thumps up dude!

14. Wicky

Wicky Senior member

Wicky, where do the Caruso suits with red tags and white lettering fall in their line? Are they not fully canvassed etc?

Sorry for late reply. I have never came accros a Caruso that was not canvassed. In my view the different lines are more differences between details (more handwork). I have seen the red label with white letters only on Caruso suits made for a store.

15. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

whoa! IM in love.

That is amazing.