• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raf Simons x Fred Perry

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
From DNR:

Jil Sander isn't the only label that Raf Simons is designing for this year"”British sportswear brand Fred Perry has tapped the avant-garde Belgian designer to create a capsule collection.

The Raf Simons for Fred Perry men's line will be in stores this fall, and replaces the designer collaboration with Comme des Garçons that Fred Perry has sold for the past seven seasons. The Raf Simons initiative encompasses 13 pieces for fall, and may expand into additional categories next year. The initial agreement between Fred Perry and Simons is for two seasons, but the deal can be extended if both parties agree.

"From a global positioning perspective, the Comme des Garçons collections have done amazing things for our brand," said Richard Martin, head of marketing at Fred Perry. "But we wanted to broaden our product range a bit rather than just having a few star polo shirts and jackets, which Comme wasn't on board for, so we looked at other international figures we could work with. Raf Simons was on top of that list. His work is very much tied in to U.K. subcultures, music, graphic art and youth. There's a lot of synergy in his approach to fashion and our brand."

The debut fall collection includes a heavy piquÃ
00a9.png
polo ($195 retail); a textured acrylic/cotton polo ($485); a short-sleeved wool/nylon turtleneck sweater ($370); a mohair turtleneck sweater ($550); a wool/acrylic/alpaca chunky knit sweater ($845); and a wool flannel trouser ($400).

Simons researched the Fred Perry archive"”the brand was founded in 1953"”and used some sleek '60s skiwear designs as his starting point. Thus, the fall collection has a body-hugging silhouette, and is available only in black, paralleling Simons' signature dark aesthetic. A small pop of color comes from a Fred Perry laurel wreath logo, which comes in a unique color for each item, such as royal blue, gold, white or forest green.

Fred Perry is targeting a small number of top-tier specialty retailers for the Raf Simons collection, which is produced in European facilities. In the U.S. market, the line will be sold by the Avalon Group showroom. The number of doors it will end up in is undetermined at this point, but the Comme des Garçons for Fred Perry label was sold to about 125 stores worldwide, including Barneys, Opening Ceremony and Odin.

London-based Fred Perry has been owned by Osaka, Japan-based Hit Union Co. Ltd. since 1995. The privately held company does not reveal total brand sales, but the worldwide figure is in excess of $100 million, according to David Ward, Fred Perry's sales director. Around the world, Fred Perry is sold in about 3,500 points of sale, with top markets including the U.K., Japan, Scandinavia and the U.S.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to see that heavy polo and chunky knit sweater.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I'm a little bit country!

And I'm a little bit rock!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
$485 for a polo shirt?

Textured acrylic/cotton.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
SocalxhypexZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Socal x Get Smart
lol8[1].gif

this is the closest our cocks will ever come to each other

re: collab....I don't have high hopes for it, but I'm curious to see it. The idea of it being all black puts me to sleep tho. **** who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll pick up something from the new line

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Well they mention the 1st capsule and hint that it could expand in range and perhaps color.

I mean they got pretty close that one time we double penned...oh nevermind.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
$485 for a polo shirt?

So, how about those Jantzen x VMan?
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads