• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Racial Demographic of SF

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ummmmmmm, you guys talk on the phone? To each other? I'm jealous. I only get calls from Stu...and he doesn't sound French at all!

aybojs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
What kind of job (or medical for that matter) asks for your race?

Pretty much every one in the U.S. Blame it on all the affirmative action/EEOC/etc. nonsense that makes employers/businesses wet their pants with fear of being sued out the ass should anyone interpret a slight skew in racial demographic as intentional racism.

Hanseat

Reaction score
White guy with blonde hair and blue/ green eyes...

I've been mistaken for a swede, but then I have a swedish name and spent a lot of time there. I just volunteered at the Robocup (Worldcup in robotics) and we made the funny 'guess where they are from'-game and at least with the europeans and asians I was always right (small sample I took though). Usually you can make out americans by their clothing/ glasses easily (esp. US geeks- lots of guys doing the full Bill, much like in South Korea).

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I submit that Styleforum engage in Affirmative Action. The ratio of white and asian to black and hispanic is way below the ratio in the general population.

Anyway, be that as it may, I am a white guy with brown hair and hazel eyes. I am of Southeastern European birth and descent.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I can see the eastern european thing but not the Brazilian - that is perplexing.

we'd have to see her from behind. (tanga brasileira)

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the last time: hispanic is not a race.

get that through your thick skulls.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
for the last time: hispanic is not a race.

get that through your thick skulls.

Yup, neither is "Middle Eastern" or Indian for that matter. According to physical anthropologists there are 3 races: caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid. Though, I don't think that there's really a universally agreed upon definition of race, so depending on who you ask, all these groups might be "races."

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Yup, neither is "Middle Eastern" or Indian for that matter. According to physical anthropologists there are 3 races: caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid. Though, I don't think that there's really a universally agreed upon definition of race, so depending on who you ask, all these groups might be "races."
From a DNA perspective there certainly is no such concept as race. It is really a rather fluid construct. Edit: This here is fascinating https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...hic/atlas.html

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geowu
You don't look black.
No, I am. I'm light-skinned and have some features that look Jewish, but I'm definately black.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Over the phone, you have a French accent, although not an unadulterated accent from a particular region, at least not one that my uneducated ears can make out. However, if one knows that you are French, it is easy to pick out certain verbal mannerisms and turns of speech that are clearly French. I am not sure that I would have known that you were French from your photograph alone.

Are you saying I wouldn't make a good spy?

You are, given your background, particularly discerning; most people are not as sensitive to all those little clues.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
we'd have to see her from behind. (tanga brasileira)

Is this an odd assessment via my lingerie, or am I totally missing the point?

chrysalid

Reaction score
white european, i think mostly anglo-saxon with an irish maternal grandma.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
What kind of job (or medical for that matter) asks for your race?

Job applications/medical applications always ask for your race.. college applications..

At this point, it seems to be voluntary for EOE stuff (equal opp employer) but they still ask, nonetheless.. at least is in the USA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads