• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.P. Miller Knitwear

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it's been about three weeks since they said they'd send me the swatches. No idea where they are. The next couple of months are going to be insane for me at work, so I won't really have time for ordering/shipping anything. Just thought I'd let you guys know. If anyone else wants to pick up the reigns of this in the meantime, feel free...

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
So it's been about three weeks since they said they'd send me the swatches. No idea where they are. The next couple of months are going to be insane for me at work, so I won't really have time for ordering/shipping anything. Just thought I'd let you guys know. If anyone else wants to pick up the reigns of this in the meantime, feel free...

Did the swatches ever arrive?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. I'll have more time next month to deal with this...

oshen

Reaction score
managed to come across some robert p. miller knits in the HIGH! STANDARD shop in daikanyama tokyo. retail price is 2,800 yen = $30. would be a sweet deal if we can cop for $7 a piece.

hnlax

Reaction score
thanks for bumping this up...i would be interested if the forum decides to go through with this

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
I picked up a white navy stripe in XL from Gravel & Gold in the Mission today. $20. XL= 33" chest unstretched. It stretches out comfortably to my 38" chest. It'll be great for a base layer this fall/winter.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The US distributor never got back to me with samples and ordering info. It didn't seem like they cared much about selling in the US, since 95% of what they make goes to Japan. Considering a Japanese XL=American S/M, I don't think a group buy would have been successful.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
Please tell me that in the last year the RP Miller people have expanded to internet orders.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opening Ceremony in NY has some R.P. Miller shirts in stock. Cheap, like $25? They also have schiesser, filmelange, and nhoolywood basics if you feel like spending more on tshirts.

sizing is small. They had one l/s miller striped shirt in L and let's just say it was not flattering on me.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see places starting to pick this stuff up. But, yeah, it's Japanese sizing, so it's entirely possible that none of it will fit half the people here, myself likely included.

mrk_d

Reaction score
Supply Room in Santa Barbara stocks a couple baseball shirts and tanks for those in the area. I'm also selling a tank that I got for no reason for anyone interested - not trying to spam too hard but I figured with the interest generated I'd let people know.

erin-elizabeth

Reaction score

http://gravelandgold.com/shop/clothing/r-p-miller-crew/

gg-logo-new.png

Gravel & Gold
3266 21st Street SF CA 94110
(415) 552-0112 Map
Moonday - Saturnday 12-7 Sunday 12-5

RP-Miller-Stripey-Crew--298x298.jpg
Stripey-Backs-298x298.jpg

R.P. Miller Crew

R.P. Miller Stripey Shirts
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
Cotton
Small thru Extra-Large

Mohnton Knitting Mills has been knitting and sewing up quality cotton sportswear for over 100 years under the guidance of six generations of ownership. Their R.P. Miller shirts—100% cotton with vertical ribbing and no side seam—seem at first like vintage American deadstock. Or perhaps Venetian gondoliers shirts? French Navy? One thing is certain—they’re big in Japan.
This version has a crew neck, full-length sleeves and looks great on both the fellas and the ladies. The sizes run fairly snug and true at first, but please note that they shrink up in length quite a bit in the wash. Both Wendy and Joe here, who claim to usually resist matching and yet seem so at ease with this arrangement, particularly when seated by the big rocks, are wearing brand new size Mediums. So unless you prefer to hang your laundry out to dry on a line, we highly suggest ordering a size up from your usual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads