R.P. Miller Knitwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wiru, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Lel

Lel Senior member

So, is this in US sizing or Japanese sizing? I'm definitely interested, but I think we should know because 36 would seem more like a Japanese large and even then, that seems like on the small size.

But once we figure it out, I'm definitely in.

2. sci-fi-o-hi-fi

sci-fi-o-hi-fi Well-Known Member

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'd be tempted to run this whole thing, but I need to find out the details on availability, cost, shipping, etc. But, I might just do one size at a time and then go to the next size once the previous sells out.
    I think he meant 24 of each shirt (the minimum), but we'd try to order 4 different shirts (2 LS and 2 SS)?
    Exactly. No point in doing all of this for just one shirt each, especially since they are so cheap.

4. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Anyone get a response from these people? I got a Delivery Failure Notification yesterday.[​IMG]

5. wiru

wiru Senior member

I'm guessing noone has gotten a reply?

Anyone tried calling? I'd be happy to, but it would be best if 1 person called instead of 5.

6. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I never got a response to my email from about a week ago. I'm at work most week days so I don't know if I will get a chance to call. If you could call and report back, that would be awesome.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

I can call them next week. I am traveling at the moment, but I have a list of questions to ask them. I'll post back here...

8. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

For the time being, i dont do anything during the week, so i can help organize and run this as well. I could buy 1 or 2 sizes up to sell

Zissou, pm me when you get back, lets try to work this out. Those shirts look great

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Gah. Sorry, I have been traveling a lot. I'll call the mill on Monday.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

OK, I just talked to the salesperson for R. P. Miller and he is sending me an updated price list and swatches. He said that almost all of their stock goes to Japan, and there are no online retailers in the US. Their swatches are listed here, but it is hard to tell just how wide the stripes are. I can place an order, but that involves cash up front from me. So, at this point I'd like to be certain that there is a big demand, which it seems like there is. I would like to put together a package of four shirts that we can mostly all agree upon. I will order 24 of each shirt in one size only at a time. I will start with medium so we can get a good idea of how the sizing runs, and then move to small or large next, depending on demand. Here is what I am thinking for the four pack of shirts, so let me know what you think: 1 shortsleeve grey/white narrow stripe 1 shortsleeve solid charcoal? 1 longsleeve thermal black/white narrow stripe 1 longsleeve crewneck navy/white wide stripe Or is that too many striped shirts? The solid colors seem pretty unremarkable. I am also considering picking up 24 solid white tank tops that you all could order in whatever quantity you want. It's hard to estimate price for the four pack of shirts at this point because I don't know what their 2009 prices or shipping will be. But, if I were to give a ballpark estimate, I would say $60-70 shipped. This is, of course, subject to change. Please respond and let me know if you think this would be worthwhile.

11. Lel

Lel Senior member

Metallics look great.

If all the shipments go to Japanese sizing, wouldn't it make since then that it's in Japanese sizes
    (that is, a Japanese L = US small, etc).

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yep, you're right. I just called back and it is in fact Japanese sizing. Here are the chest sizes that he gave me:
    S 26"
    M 28"
    L 30"
    XL 32"

BUT, they do stretch a lot, like a typical thermal/rib knit. I will not order until I get a sample XL shirt to try on. I am a pretty solid medium US. I am guessing it would be better to start with XL and work our way down. I can't imagine ordering anything smaller than the L.

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

Yeah it might be good to let us know your sizes in what brands, chest, probably even fit pictures too.

I feel like I'm inbetween a M and L in Japanese sizing but it's even more tough with inaccurate pit to pit measurements because they stretch so much.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, this is going to be tricky. Length might be a big issue for me (I am tall and thin). I'll keep everyone posted.