• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.P. Miller Knitwear

wiru

Reaction score
This is an American made line of t-shirts/tank tops from Mohnton Knitting Mills in Pennsylvania. I saw it everywhere in Japan, but no luck finding any U.S. stockists. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places. Anyone have any info?

Judging by Japanese prices, these would be fairly affordable in the U.S. -- maybe 10-15 dollars a shirt.

some pr0n:
20090210214007.jpg

20090210214008.jpg

20090210214009.jpg

img10163322882.jpg

p3.jpg

p2.jpg

JGP.

Reaction score
Those striped shorts look really good. I am definitely interested if there are any US stockists...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their price list has everything incredibly low (i.e., no more than $6-7 per shirt), but the minimum order is 24 of any size, style, and color. Do I smell a group buy?

Edit: come to think of it, that would be some pretty serious quantities!

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Their price list has everything incredibly low (i.e., no more than $6-7 per shirt), but the minimum order is 24 of any size, style, and color. Do I smell a group buy?

That's what I was thinking. I shot them an email just to see if they had any US distributors.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking we could order straight from the mill. It might make the most sense to put together a 'package' of something like a couple long sleeves and a couple short sleeves in a couple colorways all in the same size for, say, $40-50 shipped.

wiru

Reaction score
^^ I like the package idea. How doable would 24 people per size be?

And then there's the problem of capitalizing this venture. I think robin is the richest Americana enthusiast on the board
tounge.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Capital would be somewhere around $700-$750 per size. I'd be willing to finance one size, probably medium. There are a lot of choices on the colors/stripes Pages 3-5 on the price list are the Robert P Miller labeled shirts.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the striped shirts.

It looks like I live about an hour from the factory. I would be willing to drive down and check it out. I just sent them an email to get some more info. If I hear anything I will report back.

wiru

Reaction score
^^ Don't front, we all saw your f/w outerwear purchases!

Checking the rakuten measurements, it looks like this stuff is sized as underwear, i.e. very small. 36in chest on the large.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Huh? How did you get that number?
Pricing is roughly $7 per shirt x 4 shirts per package x 24 qty order = $672 + some shipping
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I really like the striped shirts. It looks like I live about an hour from the factory. I would be willing to drive down and check it out.
That would be fantastic. Can you ask them if there are US retailers and if individuals can place an order? I suppose I could also call...
Originally Posted by wiru
Checking the rakuten measurements, it looks like this stuff is sized as underwear, i.e. very small. 36in chest on the large.
I bet it stretches like mad. Maybe mulan could stop by and verify?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads