• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

r i p john hughes

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i heard he's donating his eyes to stevie wonder.

rip

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ wow sad. RIP

Grew up with the man

my favorite was the underrated "Some Kind of Wonderful"

80s Lea Thompson =
inlove.gif

and Breakfast Club of course

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Goodbye to Shermer, Illinois' finest.

It's sad that we'll never get more of his better movies, but I'm grateful we'll never have to deal with another Home Alone.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
^^ wow sad. RIP

Grew up with the man

my favorite was the underrated "Some Kind of Wonderful"

80s Lea Thompson =
inlove.gif

and Breakfast Club of course

+1.

I can't think of another director that could capture teen angst like Mr. Hughes.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad day.

Didn't grew up with his films, I actually discovered them in the 2000s so no nostalgia involved here and yet Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller rank among my favorite films. I guess it's a testament to the man's talent for 'unique' teen movies (where are the teen angst movies of today anyway ?).

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1 on 'Some Kind of Wonderful'... Mary Stuart Masterson was great as Watts, good thing Molly Ringwald turned down that role. I might've watched that and 'Breakfast Club' at least 25 times each. His 'grown up' works with Steve Martin and specially John Candy were also classics! RIP, and thank you Mr. Hughes.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am officially old.

And damn, Only the Lonely is such an underrated movie.

Liam

Reaction score
That's a shame. His movies were and still are good fun. RIP.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you can tell from my signature, I love Ferris Bueller's Day Off. As a devoted Chicagoan, that movie (and others in Hughes oevre) was iconic. I work very close to the part of Deaborn Avenue, scene of the Von Steuben Day Parade where Ferris sings "Danke Schoen" and "Twist and Shout", and I have friends who went to Glenbard North High School where those first scenes were shot.

"Leisure rules".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads