• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.I.P. Chris Henry

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Espn.com and SI.com are reporting that Henry has died.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jesus, the guy was no saint, but this is still shocking. He was a damned talented receiver. More trouble for the Bengals.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Seriously, who the hell does this?

Have, have you not heard of people literally "surfing" on the hood/trunk/top of a car?

Typically young people.

Trauma is the #1 cause of death for people between the age of 18-25.

Genetically programmed to be dumb, idealistic, and nowadays heavily reliant on parents and whines a lot until they grow up.
laugh.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gah, that guy was a serious fuckup. As we pause to remember Chris Henry, this is my favorite story:
On month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[18] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw some reports earlier that he'd died, but they were spotty. I was hoping they weren't true. This is really too bad. He was living a dream, and he did nothing but find ways to throw it away.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Have, have you not heard of people literally "surfing" on the hood/trunk/top of a car?

Typically young people.

Trauma is the #1 cause of death for people between the age of 18-25.

Genetically programmed to be dumb, idealistic, and nowadays heavily reliant on parents and whines a lot until they grow up.
laugh.gif

He wasn't surfing the car.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From what I've learned here (never heard of the guy before), his fate is not really surprising.
eh.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Seriously, who the hell does this?

When I first saw this I wanted to post video of the end credits for "What's Happening" when Rerun is running after the pick up truck

Originally Posted by MrG
I saw some reports earlier that he'd died, but they were spotty. I was hoping they weren't true. This is really too bad. He was living a dream, and he did nothing but find ways to throw it away.

+1.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

+2

Not saying he deserved to die (at all), but in my opinion he didn't deserve to play professional football for millions of dollars.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
+2

Not saying he deserved to die (at all), but in my opinion he didn't deserve to play professional football for millions of dollars.

Clearly at least one NFL team thought otherwise. Dude sure was talented enough.

RIP

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Clearly at least one NFL team thought otherwise. Dude sure was talented enough.

RIP

Dude was talented enough to never get more than 600 yards in a season? Oh, and by one NFL team, you mean one NFL owner -- nobody else in the organization wanted to give him a second (third, fourth, fifth) chance except for the owner.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for him. But I do for the people that cared about him.

******* marsupialed way to [inadvertantly] end your own life.

sunror

Reaction score
i dont think jumping into the bed of a pickup truck is that stupid, ive done more dangerous things on cars like having my feet on moving tires/wheels

it's a shame he died and i dont have the details but it sounds more accident than extremely reckless behavior

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conflicting reports may have come because he was brain dead and the family hadn't decided on the next course of action. Possibly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads