• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R. Culturi Pocket Squares

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3org3y

Reaction score
Beautiful pocket squares, thanks for the review. Some great examples of them 'in action' as well.
fing02[1].gif

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time I see any realicing the different ways on sewing the corners.

Congrats!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anton was kind enough to offer me a some squares in exchange for my thoughts. The majority of my thoughts, though, concerned the branding: I've harped on the need to play up the artist aspect of the squares, as that personal element is what sets these squares apart from say, Kent Wang, who also utilizes art.

I pretty much agree with Caustic's assessment: the size is great, and I prefer a different style of stitching for the rolled edges, but this isn't something that's particularly important to me. I'd also add that the silk is significantly less "wet" than it appears in a number of pictures on the website, particularly the ones with the squares stuffed into a pocket.

I chose two squares, Still Life as it was done by a Korean artist and Visions of an Urban Peasant because my wife liked it. Design wise, both are great, with Visions being the sort that is tough to go wrong with, but Still Life really stands out for its versatility. It is probably easier to mess up (the wrong colors or shapes showing), but when done right, I think it will look good with many different ties/jackets/shirts.

Visions of an Urban Peasant

Still Life

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on @Caustic Man 's review I bought two squares from R. Culturi. They were delivered mid-week. I like 'em. I bought the wool/silk "Tides" square, and, "Knight's Move", all silk. I am impressed by the quality of both squares, based on the hand feel. Printing is excellent, and I have no complaints about the finish. I have only worn the blue one so far, and on the one day this week when I didn't photograph myself. Ah, well.

I, too, like the size. Not too small to disappear in the pocket, but not too big to where it causes the lapel of my jacket to bow out. I have squares by Rampley & Co, Rubinacci, Ikire Jones, and maybe others that have artwork printed on them and these R. Culturi squares are as good as any. In the end, it comes down to whether or not you like the design printed on the square, at least it does for me. Their designs are good, the squares are very nice. Thumbs up from me.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also Still Life

ammanati

Reaction score
Anton also offered to send me some pocket squares free of charge. I did a post on them here: (link).

In my opinion the best thing about them is an exclusive art work that has been printed on the silk pocket square. It is also important for me that they acknowledge the artist. Knight's Move is my favourite and have to say that it is one of the nicest new designs I have seen on pocket square.
Since then R. Culturi started finishing the edges by hand, some of the first batches were machine finished. I very much like the relatively big size and proper weight which allows it to create a nice buff in the breast pocket. For some it might be too big though.
Shipment was very fast and the contact prompt.

I can see that they offer a very stylish envelopes now with a stamp - great idea.
It is truly unique product and can recommend it to anyone.
Below a photo of me with the Knight's Move square.

seikonation04

Reaction score
They now offer neck ties which appear to be of the same excellent quality. I find the designs offered to be very handsome and will be posting a review once I complete my order if there is any interest.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Over the past few months, I have been meeting with @Brovsko , or as I know him, Anton, regularly as we both now reside in the city of brotherly love. A common interest in menswear is what sparked our friendship which particularly happened when he sent me a few squares for his brand R.Culturi back in the Fall of 2015. Since then, I have become a person he has bounced ideas back and forth with, which in turn lead me to be one of the first to see his most recent endeavor come to fruition in the form of neckties.

To be completely up front and clear, although I have been a consultant and confidant, I am in no way financially bound to his company. I wanted to provide an honest opinion as one consumer to another on what I believe to be, some of the best quality ties I have ever handled. Firstly, let's get to some snapshots of these bad boys.

Above pictured are the ties that I have purchased thus far. In order is the Barroco, Orquestra, and Universo models. What intrigued me most about the brand was the fact that Anton has worked with artists throughout the world in order to produce unique designs that have not yet been replicated with other brands. Through his research, Anton has advised me that many mills end up licensing different color variations to existing designs per each season. Essentially resulting in every brand putting on the same sort of goods we have always seen. Conversely, what R.Culturi has done is create their own designs (in this case, through the work of a Portuguese artist) and transposed her mandalas unto the ties.

These hand drawn images were then printed on ancient madder silk, employing 3-fold and self-tipped construction. The tie is rough 3.35" at its widest point but the most endearing part is the fuller width even seen throughout the back blade. Personally, I prefer the four-in-hand knot and have struggled in the past to find a maker that provides a substantial lining and width that creates a considerable knot. With these ties, I am producing some of the best ones I have ever seen.

To date, I am familiar with Drake's, Conrad Wu, Kamakura, and Kent Wang for some of my more noteworthy ties. While each have their own pros and cons, none have ever fully checked off on the list of what I deemed worthwhile in terms of price point, silk quality, knotting abilities, and design. R.Culturi on the other hand, currently offers 10% off retail, through signing onto their mailing list, on what I believe to be an already fair price at $135 (with free US shipping) for more than just a simple necktie. The story, design, and quality are top tier and I for one am very excited to see the progression with what R.Culturi has in store in the future.

So yeah, check them ties out fellas.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
LL

R Culturi tie and square.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there an SF coupon code for their ties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads