1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quoddy Fall/Winter 2010

Discussion in 'Styleforum Frontpage' started by shoreman1782, Jan 22, 2010.

1. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

Thanks boys...I think I'll shoot for the white soles then, even with the black chukka. The one on the left below has the same look, I think...but those are classic boats, not chukkas. [​IMG]

2. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

For black deck chukkas, which sole is better? This one: [​IMG] or this one: [​IMG]

3. JME3000

JME3000 Member

yeah need me some quoddies...

4. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Kind of a bizarre question, but is it possible to safely remove the lining from a lined Maliseet oxford? I actually prefer their mocs unlined (really not fond at all of the lining despite the additional cost) but have a chance to pick up a lined pair at a good price. Would removing the lining or even having a cobbler remove it be a reasonably safe operation, or pure folly?

5. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

Yes boys, my new custom-made pair of Quoddy chukkas arrived Monday. Have worn them twice so far...including for 12 hours today--first to work for Casual Friday...then pounding the downtown pavements for 3 hours while Christmas shopping.... They are among the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn....I love the manila leather lining, although the smell of warm Manila leather is a bit fish-like in my opinion...I wore them with warm cashmere socks....perfection for comfort. My only beef is the honey-hued camp sole is a bit too low.....but I love the "feel the ground beneath your feet" feeling when wearing these bad boys.... [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

I just picked up some waxed black Chukkas from Blackbird Ballard that I love.
    The web page said they were going to throw in some little extras.

So I get this box in. Thinking, that's a bit much...

[​IMG]

Opening it I find they actually sent me a freakin crate!

[​IMG]

By this time the wife is on me with what the f*$k did you order now!

[​IMG]

Some nice freaking shoes, babe! Merry Christmas to me! Fully lined so they feel like great barefoot. Interesting waxed coating making this a very dark matted black. I feel like I should be on a SF pier in the fog.

[​IMG]

I liked the extras they put. A fantastic mug with their creep bird boy logo, some coffee which I will try later today, a nice notebook so I can keep track of my ebay sales, and some alternate solid black shoe strings and dust bag. Nice, all in all.

[​IMG]

Later that night I was found walking naked around the house in just my quoddy. EOS

7. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

im so jealous of you i10. how do they fit you?

8. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I just picked up some waxed black Chukkas from Blackbird Ballard that I love.
    The web page said they were going to throw in some little extras.

So I get this box in. Thinking, that's a bit much...

Later that night I was found walking naked around the house in just my quoddy. EOS

Without a doubt, this is one of the witty and most original posts I have read on the Forum. [​IMG]