1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quoddy Fall/Winter 2010

Discussion in 'Styleforum Frontpage' started by shoreman1782, Jan 22, 2010.

1. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

Thanks for the information whatever123, you obviously know what you are talking about. I thought I would make a substantive contribution to this thread by asking about the Quoddy Penny Loafers that I did not see too much about on the other Quoddy thread. I really like these and might pull the trigger. Why are they not on the Quoddy website and only O'Connell's? Anyone have experience with these loafers?

[​IMG]

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

ive only seen those loafers at o'connells. im not sure if it is a collab they did with them of what...but they showed that same shoe but in different colors in a recent show. and your right, they are not listed on the quoddy site. im sure they would make them for you though, but it is something you would need to e-mail them in order to do so. quoddy does a lot of collabs and they are open to making them again as long as the collab was not an exclusive or anything along those lines. another shoe you might like if your into that style is from oak street: http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...ny-loafer.html

3. aaronwilson

aaronwilson New Member

Grizzly Boot Brown is just awesome, It looks very Stylish and trendy. Thanks

4. ladyinstyle

ladyinstyle Member

These shoes look great and really comfy!!Do you know if they sell in Europe?

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

6. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

Anyone have a lead on the Quoddy Grizzle Boots in Dark Brown? [​IMG]

7. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

8. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

9. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

One of the best quoddy makeup's I've seen is the Maliseet in dark brown pebblegrain chromexcel with nickel eyelets and charcoal camp sole that Winn Perry did a while back. Alas, they are long sold out. But I've seen pics of them aged and they look amazing. Someone should bring this configuration back--it's a winner (although unlined would be preferable.)

10. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Quick question - can anyone confirm how the Deck Chukka with Vibram sole fits? Thanks.

11. Roman_empire

Roman_empire Well-Known Member

Does Quoddy or Yuketen make size 6UK as well? :-/

12. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Does Quoddy or Yuketen make size 6UK as well? :-/

yes, i think. it is unlikely you will find a quoddy and especially yuketen stocklist that goes that small, most start +/- 8 or 9 US. i would contact quoddy to make sure they can do something in that size and order directly from them.

13. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Quick question - can anyone confirm how the Deck Chukka with Vibram sole fits? Thanks.

You can get them in varying widths on the Quoddy.com store.

14. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Thanks jrd617 - the ones I'm looking at are a standard D width, so my only issue is length wise really. I take it they aren't over-sized in the same way that, say, Redwings are for example?

15. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Would any of the Quoddy slip-ons like the Dawson, Grizzly, or River Driver make a good house moccasin?

I'm essentially looking for a pair of slippers or moccasins to wear only in the house.

Considering quoddy because I wear the blucher mocs and boat shoes and know my sizing.

16. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

O'Connell's recently increased the price of the Quoddy Trail Boat Penny Loafer from $195 to $210. [​IMG]

17. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

Which sole looks better? [​IMG] versus [​IMG] Does one looks classier than the other? more hipster-ery?

18. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

it depends man

if you're going to be wearing them primarily with long pants, like jeans, then the dark soul. If you would wear them with shorts, then white soles. I don't like white soles with long pants unless the entire shoe is white personally.

19. LEGGS

LEGGS New Member

20. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

The white soles are class. But how long can you keep them whiter? The black is more practical.