1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Quoddy Fall/Winter 2010

Discussion in 'Styleforum Frontpage' started by shoreman1782, Jan 22, 2010.

1. melwoesblvd

melwoesblvd Senior member

need dusty red vibram right now! called and they said june, earliest may, it will be avail as a resole.

2. softy

softy Senior member

3. telemark

telemark Senior member

[​IMG]

Im struggling to think of which of the three above colours would work best with the dusty red brick vibram sole.... Any colour aficionados help me out?

4. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

[​IMG]

Im struggling to think of which of the three above colours would work best with the dusty red brick vibram sole.... Any colour aficionados help me out?

I say the red brick sole would work with any of the three, but probably best with the peanut. I've heard some people say the red sole doesn't work with darker brown leather, but I am not one of them (*edit* - maybe the Windsor Bison works least well? It reminds me of the Yuketen combo below which, although I like it, seems to be the least attractive combo of the lot). Here's some pics to give you an idea how a red sole looks with different shades of brown or tan (FYI the brown blucher, brown suede blucher & chukka are from South Willard http://www.southwillard.com/collecti.../quoddy-shoes/ ):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. telemark

telemark Senior member

Perfect reply, thanks!

I was weighing up between the peanut and the bison, but I agree with your sentiments. It's a shame they don't do a lighter, less orange, tan-ish colour in the grizzly.

I suppose there's always the option of the white vibram on the grizzly, and the dusty red on the chukkas like the ones pictured.

All depends on what Mr bank manager says come early summer...

6. Mblova

Mblova Senior member

This is so sick. Love the sheepskin lining.

7. machochino

machochino Senior member

Wasn't sure where to post my question but is it possible to add a more sturdy rubber sole with a heel to my Quoddy boat shoes?

I like them, but they are not as comfortable or substantial as my Aldens. For instance, could I possibly ship my shoes to a shop to get those vibram soles added on?

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Every one of Quoddy's URLs is a domain parking page. What is going on with these guys?

9. acl1

acl1 Senior member

Wasn't sure where to post my question but is it possible to add a more sturdy rubber sole with a heel to my Quoddy boat shoes?

I like them, but they are not as comfortable or substantial as my Aldens. For instance, could I possibly ship my shoes to a shop to get those vibram soles added on?

If they're stitched, yes. If they're glued, no.

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Every one of Quoddy's URLs is a domain parking page. What is going on with these guys?

Quoddy.com works for me. Maybe it was temporary?

11. dusty

dusty Senior member

Quoddy.com works for me. Maybe it was temporary?

yep. weird.

12. machochino

machochino Senior member

If they're stitched, yes. If they're glued, no.
    I believe most of their shoes are stitched? So... what do I do now? I've never done custom shoe work. Who can I contact to get a resole with something more substantial than their "deck" sole.

13. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I believe most of their shoes are stitched? So... what do I do now? I've never done custom shoe work. Who can I contact to get a resole with something more substantial than their "deck" sole.
    My understanding is that Quoddy moccasins are resolable. I would suggest you try a few local shoe repair shops to see what soles they have available (try a shop that does a lot of resole work -- lots of shoes scattered around the shop, etc.), and also contact Quoddy to see if they have a more substantial sole option -- here's the info from the Quoddy site:

"Repairs:
    We repair our own products, and we do not charge for repairs needed due to quality concerns. Repairs due to wear and longevity will be estimated upon inspection. New soles, new handsewn wraps, and new laces are common repair issues, and you can call us for ballpark figures at 207.853.2488, or email [email protected]

Address Return Packages to:
    Quoddy Inc
    1041 US Route 1
    Perry, ME 04667"

14. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

I thought they resoled for free?

15. trig

trig Senior member

I thought they resoled for free?

resoling as a repair is different to resoling because you want a different type of sole.