• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

CMT1

Reaction score
Camp shoe in brown Chromexcel, natural laces in what feels like waxed cotton. Leather a bit stiff first time on but started to conform to my feet and break in right away. Super light relative to the Josef Seibel Kamerons they will be replacing. May post under natural light in a year or so to compare wear and patina...

View attachment 1575707 View attachment 1575708 View attachment 1575710

These are super bad. I love them.

Men's ring mule from a Reddit GMTO

Bc57hDB.jpg

xy8SwYn.jpg

gx9xa6q.jpg

nPlDfAk.jpg

pyDDk3s.jpg

e60TmvJ.jpg

63pZABV.jpg

cfp5wZu.jpg

This past winter's go-to shoe for housebound bumtime.

CMT1

Reaction score
Nice. Those look ridiculously comfortable. But then I don't think I've even seen a pair of Quoddys and thought "Damn those look like horribly uncomfortable rocks on that dude's feet." :-D

I wore my blue Boat Mocs this past week and I'm ready for slip-on/loafer/boat shoe/handsewn season as the swelt moves in.

9MpuBFJ.jpg

EUyZsJB.jpg

oFkIdwa.jpg

Now that the initially stiff cavalier leather is broken in, they feel like I'm walking on bouncy clouds.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, as always!

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn’t realize there was a Quoddy threak. These arrived late September - lined natural CXL, natural midsole, honey Vibram 232, bright brass eyelets, and aftermarket laces due to the laces snapping on the first tie. I ordered a half size down from my Brannock size and they were awfully snug, but broke in perfectly. Socks or not, these are a glove at this point. I’ve worn these multiple days on a row and about twice a week since they’ve shown up.

C53B750B-8EED-4942-9C8E-8E9FA8F4E91F.jpeg

DooDahMan

Reaction score
Just heard back from Elizabeth at Quoddy and it looks like my Ring Mules are shipping out today! It took a couple weeks after sending tracings in to get a sizing recommendation, but once I had that the shoes have been put together very quickly. I will post some pictures when they arrive,!

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man those ring mules look AWESOME! You inspired me to reach out for sizing advice too. Can't wait to see your pics!

Austinjhutch

Reaction score
Good sale on Quoddy right now, picked up a pair of Lug Boots in Brown and Lug Chukkas in Black for $112 each. They also have both in whiskey, but no black for the lug boots. The lug penny loafers and the black suede penny drivers are on sale for 99$ each. It seemed like for each shoe they had every size.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
quoddyp01.jpg
quoddyp02.jpg
quoddyp03.jpg
quoddyp04.jpg
quoddyp05.jpg

quoddyp07.jpg
quoddyp06.jpg

Hoping for some opinions on these boots. They are modeled after the Quoddy x Leffot build from 2012? or so. I ordered them in the February 25% off event. Quoddy was out of natural CXL and waiting on a shipment from Horween, so delivery was exactly 18 weeks from my order. I've owned 6 pairs of Quoddy previously and have always been satisfied with the quality. I was pretty disappointed with the build quality on these though.

- My biggest concern is the vamp on the outside of the left boot, where it joins to the plug. The leather is deeply puckered/rippled, like it was clicked with too much material.

- The machine stitching on the uppers is generally very sloppy. Also the stitches are individually very large/long. These are a size 14 for visual context. I have never seen a pair of Quoddy with such crude stitching before. All my previous pairs had tight and clean stitching.

- There are a lot of deep scratches on the CXL out of the box.

A refund is not an option on this order. I am debating whether or not to send these back and ask them to remake them. Thoughts?

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1633277 View attachment 1633278 View attachment 1633279 View attachment 1633280 View attachment 1633281

View attachment 1633405 View attachment 1633406

Hoping for some opinions on these boots. They are modeled after the Quoddy x Leffot build from 2012? or so. I ordered them in the February 25% off event. Quoddy was out of natural CXL and waiting on a shipment from Horween, so delivery was exactly 18 weeks from my order. I've owned 6 pairs of Quoddy previously and have always been satisfied with the quality. I was pretty disappointed with the build quality on these though.

- My biggest concern is the vamp on the outside of the left boot, where it joins to the plug. The leather is deeply puckered/rippled, like it was clicked with too much material.

- The machine stitching on the uppers is generally very sloppy. Also the stitches are individually very large/long. These are a size 14 for visual context. I have never seen a pair of Quoddy with such crude stitching before. All my previous pairs had tight and clean stitching.

- There are a lot of deep scratches on the CXL out of the box.

A refund is not an option on this order. I am debating whether or not to send these back and ask them to remake them. Thoughts?
Those look fine to me. That's the nature of CXL and the beauty and the charm. You can easily rub out the scratches with your fingers. But, you'll create more. Patina - it's a good thing!

Wear and enjoy!

Austinjhutch

Reaction score
Good sale on Quoddy right now, picked up a pair of Lug Boots in Brown and Lug Chukkas in Black for $112 each. They also have both in whiskey, but no black for the lug boots. The lug penny loafers and the black suede penny drivers are on sale for 99$ each. It seemed like for each shoe they had every size.

They ended up overselling these and cancelled the order, which I expected anyway. Second time this year with shoes from clearance, the first time being with Church's. It's all good, someday quoddy.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got these ring mules for my wife, since they were on sale for $99. They are neat, and I have never seen any of the womens' shoes before. I've got to say that the craftsmanship and materials are outstanding, every bit as good as those used in the men's shoes. I have a pair of men's ring mules order, and now I am eagerly awaiting their arrival. The women's ring mules are REALLY nice.

I'm contemplating getting a pair of boat shoes in yellow suede -- or yellow and white -- for myself. This color combination seems pretty impractical, to put it mildly, but maybe it will be fun. What does everyone think?

088B686B-9B4A-40EA-B999-35298BFE29F3_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural chromexcel boat shoes on Vibram rugged soles today. Insanely comfortable, and the Vibram soles allow you to walk all day in them without difficulty.
A8BD7A9F-CABB-4DFF-86D1-C4AFE77DA586.jpeg

veers026

Reaction score
Received my first quoddy tent sale order the other day. Thought I'd measured correctly but these 12's are too big. My heels slip out even when wearing thick athletic socks.
What's the best next step to unload these without losing money? Ebay, TRR, or some place else?
It's really annoying as I was looking forward to breaking in a pair for an autumn trip to Europe.

Attachments

• 0806211241a.jpg
    0806211241a.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 152

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads