• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

JRS1979

Reaction score
Quick question - can anyone confirm how the Deck Chukka with Vibram sole fits? Thanks.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There aren't enough pictures in this thread.
quoddy-2-1.jpg
quoddy-3-1.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checking sizing wise:
I wear a 10 in vans, 42 in CPs...

I would be a 9.5 in the blucher mocs?

I want to order these bad boys.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Just checking sizing wise:
I wear a 10 in vans, 42 in CPs...

I would be a 9.5 in the blucher mocs?

I want to order these bad boys.

You can go through this thread and read a million opinions on sizing up, sizing down, tts, etc etc etc

but my suggestion is to purchase these shoes true to size. I am exact size 9, and all quoddy's I own (4 pair, i think, of different models), all fit the exact same.

If you're between sizes, size down. There is a tad bit of stretch in the leather. But do not count on getting a 1/2" of stretch from these shoes. But better a tad bit too small (and hope for some stretch) than too big. Nothing worse than shoes that have ankle slip, imo.

In summary (and some may disagree), but as a quoddy owner for several years and several makes, they run TTS. across the board. (Note: this doesn't apply to the new Vibram offerings as I haven't tried those on, but I would imagine they too are TTS).

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
totally. slack is right. both my pairs are the same size...boat shoe and the maliseet oxford. i went tts.

sealucky

Reaction score
In summary (and some may disagree), but as a quoddy owner for several years and several makes, they run TTS
hmm, my good friend bought grizzly boots with sheepskin lining, size 9D (he is 9US in most shoes, 41 in CPs) And he told me that I should 1 size up, because they fit small
I'm confused

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe they fit small because they are lined with sheepskin?

i say go TTS on quoddy as well.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the boat shoes with the brown camp sole (purchased off the forum) which I actually don't like.

I was thinking I would send them back to quoddy to re-sole with the deck sole, but then saw the new vibram soles - how do you guys think the boat shoes would look with the vibram?

the sole they use looks pretty thin, in contrast to the oakstreet vibram (which I actually like more).

Anyone do this already and have pics? Thoughts?

PolePosition

Reaction score
Ok, I know that people are saying these are TTS...but just to clarify, TTS meaning true to your size that is measured by the Brannock device, correct?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
You can go through this thread and read a million opinions on sizing up, sizing down, tts, etc etc etc

but my suggestion is to purchase these shoes true to size. I am exact size 9, and all quoddy's I own (4 pair, i think, of different models), all fit the exact same.

If you're between sizes, size down. There is a tad bit of stretch in the leather. But do not count on getting a 1/2" of stretch from these shoes. But better a tad bit too small (and hope for some stretch) than too big. Nothing worse than shoes that have ankle slip, imo.

In summary (and some may disagree), but as a quoddy owner for several years and several makes, they run TTS. across the board. (Note: this doesn't apply to the new Vibram offerings as I haven't tried those on, but I would imagine they too are TTS).

If you were a quoddy owner for years you'd know that they changed their sizing to run true in the past year and a half or so.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pair of Deck Chukka on the way:

6074051-origpic-749a0e.jpg_0_0_100_100_375_564_100.jpg

Wondering if anybody can recommend how I can protect these bad boys as I want to wear them in the snow...The leather is kinda of rubbery. Only stuff I have on hand is the heavy duty obensauf which im sure will wreck these...

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
obenaufs or sno-seal, but they probably won't look like that ^ afterward!

on a side note, I sent my boat shoes back to Quoddy to get them resoled, and just got the notice that they are shipping them back to me. $25, shipping back to me included, and it took no time at all.

they were also very friendly. i chose to call them rather than email, and it went really smooth.

tooshay

Reaction score
I have a pair of old Quoddy boat shoes I got at albam a few years ago that need resoling and one of the eyelets around the heel came off. They'd fix that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads