Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Quick question - can anyone confirm how the Deck Chukka with Vibram sole fits? Thanks.

2. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

There aren't enough pictures in this thread. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Just checking sizing wise:
    I wear a 10 in vans, 42 in CPs...

I would be a 9.5 in the blucher mocs?

I want to order these bad boys.

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Just checking sizing wise:
    I wear a 10 in vans, 42 in CPs...

I would be a 9.5 in the blucher mocs?

I want to order these bad boys.

You can go through this thread and read a million opinions on sizing up, sizing down, tts, etc etc etc

but my suggestion is to purchase these shoes true to size. I am exact size 9, and all quoddy's I own (4 pair, i think, of different models), all fit the exact same.

If you're between sizes, size down. There is a tad bit of stretch in the leather. But do not count on getting a 1/2" of stretch from these shoes. But better a tad bit too small (and hope for some stretch) than too big. Nothing worse than shoes that have ankle slip, imo.

In summary (and some may disagree), but as a quoddy owner for several years and several makes, they run TTS. across the board. (Note: this doesn't apply to the new Vibram offerings as I haven't tried those on, but I would imagine they too are TTS).

5. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

totally. slack is right. both my pairs are the same size...boat shoe and the maliseet oxford. i went tts.

6. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

7. sealucky

sealucky Senior member

hmm, my good friend bought grizzly boots with sheepskin lining, size 9D (he is 9US in most shoes, 41 in CPs) And he told me that I should 1 size up, because they fit small
    I'm confused

8. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

maybe they fit small because they are lined with sheepskin?

i say go TTS on quoddy as well.

9. MichaelPemulis

I have a pair of the boat shoes with the brown camp sole (purchased off the forum) which I actually don't like.

I was thinking I would send them back to quoddy to re-sole with the deck sole, but then saw the new vibram soles - how do you guys think the boat shoes would look with the vibram?

the sole they use looks pretty thin, in contrast to the oakstreet vibram (which I actually like more).

Anyone do this already and have pics? Thoughts?

10. PolePosition

PolePosition Senior member

Ok, I know that people are saying these are TTS...but just to clarify, TTS meaning true to your size that is measured by the Brannock device, correct?

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yes ... or your dress shoe size ... not sneaker size

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

You can go through this thread and read a million opinions on sizing up, sizing down, tts, etc etc etc

but my suggestion is to purchase these shoes true to size. I am exact size 9, and all quoddy's I own (4 pair, i think, of different models), all fit the exact same.

If you're between sizes, size down. There is a tad bit of stretch in the leather. But do not count on getting a 1/2" of stretch from these shoes. But better a tad bit too small (and hope for some stretch) than too big. Nothing worse than shoes that have ankle slip, imo.

In summary (and some may disagree), but as a quoddy owner for several years and several makes, they run TTS. across the board. (Note: this doesn't apply to the new Vibram offerings as I haven't tried those on, but I would imagine they too are TTS).

If you were a quoddy owner for years you'd know that they changed their sizing to run true in the past year and a half or so.

13. irbe

irbe Senior member

Pair of Deck Chukka on the way:

[​IMG]

Wondering if anybody can recommend how I can protect these bad boys as I want to wear them in the snow...The leather is kinda of rubbery. Only stuff I have on hand is the heavy duty obensauf which im sure will wreck these...

14. MichaelPemulis

obenaufs or sno-seal, but they probably won't look like that ^ afterward!

on a side note, I sent my boat shoes back to Quoddy to get them resoled, and just got the notice that they are shipping them back to me. $25, shipping back to me included, and it took no time at all.

they were also very friendly. i chose to call them rather than email, and it went really smooth.

15. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

I have a pair of old Quoddy boat shoes I got at albam a few years ago that need resoling and one of the eyelets around the heel came off. They'd fix that?