1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Only because with hand-made, small-batch stuff like this, sometimes I wonder if it'll ever appear again.

If I remember correctly, South Willard had the navy blue boat shoes last year too. Not to say it wasn't a good purchase (i'm considering it as well), just that its not a one time thing.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

uhm you can acll up quoddy and get blue boat shoes too im sure...

3. poodlerock

poodlerock Senior member

I'd definitely call them and explain . . . they aim to please.

here are some crappy pics... first picture shows it best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I placed my order over the phone to avoid these types of issues. Really disappointed. Should I call and exchange them?

4. blank

blank Senior member

Yeah but their delivery times are long. Last year, SW had the navy with the camp sole, I believe, and I have the brown with the camp sole already. So I really wanted a second pair with a white sole, and I wanted a slightly more uncommon color, so it was the perfect fit.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

so im about to buy them in navy

i wear a 10 in vans and a 9 in desert boots.

do i go for a 9 in quoddys?

6. robin

robin Senior member

Is this what comes with being handmade?
    Yes and no. Imperfections are not uncommon with goods like this, but that's a pretty bad one. Definitely try to get them replaced.

oconnell's are good folks so they'd probably want to make things right if you let them know.

7. Lel

Lel Senior member

How lenient are they when it comes to custom orders? I would like some high tops made, a nice non-dressy casual shoe for a beater. I would basically like a high top boat shoe, similar to the ones they did for rogues gallery but like the one below, and probably in blue leather.

these are my burgundy bluchers:
    [​IMG]

8. randomkoreandude

so im about to buy them in navy

i wear a 10 in vans and a 9 in desert boots.

do i go for a 9 in quoddys?

can anyone confirm on sizing? is it safe to go 9 for quoddy?

9. yawn

yawn Well-Known Member

I wear a 9.5 in Nike and a 9 in Allen Edmonds. I'd say say go a half-size down from your normal sneaker size probably. Quoddy will also help you with sizing if you need it.

uhm you can acll up quoddy and get blue boat shoes too im sure...

I actually inquired about this when I placed my order and they said they only made the navy version as a special request from South Willard and it wasn't available for custom orders.

How lenient are they when it comes to custom orders? I would like some high tops made, a nice non-dressy casual shoe for a beater. I would basically like a high top boat shoe, similar to the ones they did for rogues gallery but like the one below, and probably in blue leather.

This I have no idea. You'd have to call and ask yourself.

10. jet

jet Senior member

I actually inquired about this when I placed my order and they said they only made the navy version as a special request from South Willard and it wasn't available for custom orders.

Damn son what do you know!

11. erbs

erbs Senior member

Can Quoddy boat shoes be re-soled?

12. blank

blank Senior member

for the win

13. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

man, Ive been killing myself for a while trying to figure out what pair to get next. Really wanted the brown boat shoes with the white soles but O'connells is completely sold out of most of their styles, and even south willard is desperately lacking many 11 - 12 sizes. Ive looked through this thread, and it seems there are no other big internet sites that sell these shoes, aside from Quoddy themself, and I know I cannot handle waiting months for these!

14. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I just got my brown / campsole quoddy from oconnells.
    Lovely shoe..if there a better boat shoe..lmk.

15. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

These are the same shoes right? Why does the shape of the red ones look so much better - different sizes, no stuffing in the blue ones? [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. djh

djh Senior member

^They're the same shoe.. Looks like they used a smaller size for the cinnamon pebbled ones, and the tongue of the blue shoe isn't standing up. Also the two pics are shot at different angles..

17. randomkoreandude

waiting for the end of the month to get the navy boat shoes from SW

SW said they are going to order burgundy ones for the spring/summer so for those who dont want to wait for quoddy to make them, thats an option

i will probably pick up a pair of burgundy ones mid summer as well

18. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

Does anyone have a pair of 12's or 12 1/2's?

19. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

waiting for the end of the month to get the navy boat shoes from SW

SW said they are going to order burgundy ones for the spring/summer so for those who dont want to wait for quoddy to make them, thats an option

i will probably pick up a pair of burgundy ones mid summer as well

Any specific time frame on when SW may get the burgundy's? Ive been looking to get a second pair for a while, might have to hold out for burgundy.

20. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Was just wondering...I don't see many people who opted for the leather liners, most of them are unlined. Anyone here ever gotten them with the leather lining? They advertise it as being "more comfortable", was wondering if there is any truth to this. I am mainly wondering because one place that sells them has only the lined version...