• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^

you mean according to the quoddy size chart after you measured your foot? i would use that. its accurate.

i did not size down on the length in any of my quoddy's. some people do though. compare your foot to the quoddy size chart and your order the right size, i promise.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Yeah my foot measures to the size 7 on the quoddys size chart. Im just iffy about why people size down

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Yeah my foot measures to the size 7 on the quoddys size chart. Im just iffy about why people size down
if you measured a 7 on the chart that is the size i would order. you want them to be a little tight in the width (because they will stretch), and to have about a half inch in the length between your big toe and the seam on the toe area. in my experience, if you go shorter than your actual size they will be uncomfortable. they really wont stretch much in the length, if at all. you will be able to tell right away if they fit or not. they will be snug, but not to snug, and you should not have any pressure on your toes in the length. those are cool bluchers. get the 7.

haresh

Reaction score
kookydooky : did you get the 7 ? Let us know how it works out for ya. I am considering them too.

capa

Reaction score
I am really looking hard for a pair of black leather bluchers with black eyelets. Everywhere seems to be sold out in a size 10 or 10.5 What do you guys think looks better black w/ black sole, or black w/ brick sole? I like how the brick contrasts. Please let me know where I could get either one.
43243_2.jpg
quoddy51.jpg

capa

Reaction score
I am pretty set on those but I can't find them anywhere. I don't really want to wait 3 months to get them from quoddy :/

blake3030

Reaction score
Just to put another option out there, I have black with gum sole and think they look awesome. If you end up ordering from Quoddy, consider that combo too.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capa
I am pretty set on those but I can't find them anywhere. I don't really want to wait 3 months to get them from quoddy :/
the wait is all part of the fun! plus you can get them in any style/size you want, and then some. but if you have no patients try these guys, they usually have a fairly good stock http://blog.leffot.com/ or better yet, these guys and call around....http://www.quoddy.com/find.html yes, your welcome! the wait is only 2 months...

Morgan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
T98IIl.jpg

texas_jack - so far, the chromepak soles hold up extremely well on asphalt, concrete, etc. Most of my other shoes (Aldens, Allen-Edmonds) have leather soles as well, and there don't seem to be any problems walking on "modern surfaces." A properly tanned, double leather sole is tough as hell.

The main difference I've noticed is the lack of any heel, but I kind of like it. Without a heel acting as a cushion, I've had to change my stride a bit when trying to dash across the street or otherwise move quickly. I have to land on my forefoot in the same way that I do when wearing Vibram Five Fingers. The lack of any shank in the sole also makes driving in these ring boots really enjoyable - I can feel the clutch much better.

Personally, I like the thick leather uppers, though they are readily available in a softer chromexcel upper with a chromepak sole from both Unionmade Goods and Quoddy (model #706 - mine are #702).

constantine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capa

you could try blackbird or gravity pope

(i think gp has a bad return policy though)

capa

Reaction score
I might just have to order from Quoddy.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MS007
Quoddys seem to be cheap in japan?
yeah, i wonder what the shipping cost would be to the US. plus, the syles on sale seem to be larger sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics