Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Prices are going up again.

2. roundheadlights

roundheadlights Senior member

anyone know whats the sizing like on the current Quoddy bluchers or canoe mocs? i remember for a while there was confusion because sizing changed or something... anyway, i wear a 9.5 in clarks desert boots. any help would be appreciated

Also interested in sizing for the canoe mocs. My usual dress shoe size is 12, and same for most other shoes. I wear 13 in Adidas though, and 11.5 in chucks. I want to wear the canoe mocs sans socks. Any advice?

3. peekay88

peekay88 Active Member

does anyone know of any retailers that currently stock the brown boat shoe with the white deck sole?. asos and endclothing both have them, but they both stock UK sizes and not US ones. sadface

4. rrothsch

rrothsch Well-Known Member

5. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Bought the Quoddy x Albam Oxford Maliseets and the stitch in the lining that goes down the heel came undone after about three wears. Very odd. Albam sent them straight back to Quoddy for a fix - natch - but I'm guessing it'll be ages before I see them back.

Anyone else have something similar happen?

6. sunman42000

sunman42000 Senior member

^Quoddy quality has really gone down the tubes. I know so many people are hesitant to say that, but it's a fact. Crooked stitching at the heel on the outside has practically become a mainstay on Quoddy among many other imprefections

7. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

Bought the Quoddy x Albam Oxford Maliseets and the stitch in the lining that goes down the heel came undone after about three wears. Very odd. Albam sent them straight back to Quoddy for a fix - natch - but I'm guessing it'll be ages before I see them back.

Anyone else have something similar happen?

I have a pair of deck chukkas that are beginning to have the same problem. Before I even wore them I noticed the horizontal stitch on the heel which closes the leather was very crooked. I'm just gonna take them to a cobbler eventually for a quick fix rather than send them back to Quoddy.

Quoddy simply doesn't give a fuck anymore. My next order will be with Russell Mocassin, they're a company who knows how to keep their shit together.

8. daruma

daruma Senior member

are quoddys boatshoes/canoe mocs made from calfskin or cowhide? anyone know?

9. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

This is depressing.

10. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

wow, so I read the last i dunno 3-4 pages (working my way back) and I changed my mind about trying to track down a pair of ring boots on the bay.

=rf

11. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

^Quoddy quality has really gone down the tubes. I know so many people are hesitant to say that, but it's a fact. Crooked stitching at the heel on the outside has practically become a mainstay on Quoddy among many other imprefections

I've never seen a pair of quoddy deck shoes before this weekend, so I was surprised to see how shitty the quality was after hearing nothing but praise on styleforum. Crooked stitching and lots of loose threads (and certain areas clearly coming undone) on every pair I saw. They were, however, very comfortable.

12. JOA

JOA Senior member

A quick note on Quoddy and inflation/internet phenomenon:

Today, I ran across the invoice from my Quoddy Canoe Mocs purchase, which was made on March 7, 2007. Brown Chromexcel leather.

Price was $75.00 shipped. Same shoe today is $209.

I love them to death, but I'm not sure I'd pay $209 for another pair should these bite the dust in the forseeable future.

13. robin

robin Senior member

^ yeah [​IMG]

I wouldn't pay anymore than what they're retailing for now.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

If they had 2007 prices they would be out of business.

They're going up again anyway.

15. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

will wait 2 years 'til they are no longer w/ bloggers on the coasts then.