• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Prices are going up again.

roundheadlights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
anyone know whats the sizing like on the current Quoddy bluchers or canoe mocs? i remember for a while there was confusion because sizing changed or something... anyway, i wear a 9.5 in clarks desert boots. any help would be appreciated

Also interested in sizing for the canoe mocs. My usual dress shoe size is 12, and same for most other shoes. I wear 13 in Adidas though, and 11.5 in chucks. I want to wear the canoe mocs sans socks. Any advice?

peekay88

Reaction score
does anyone know of any retailers that currently stock the brown boat shoe with the white deck sole?. asos and endclothing both have them, but they both stock UK sizes and not US ones. sadface

tooshay

Reaction score
Bought the Quoddy x Albam Oxford Maliseets and the stitch in the lining that goes down the heel came undone after about three wears. Very odd. Albam sent them straight back to Quoddy for a fix - natch - but I'm guessing it'll be ages before I see them back.

Anyone else have something similar happen?

sunman42000

Reaction score
^Quoddy quality has really gone down the tubes. I know so many people are hesitant to say that, but it's a fact. Crooked stitching at the heel on the outside has practically become a mainstay on Quoddy among many other imprefections

Oldboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
Bought the Quoddy x Albam Oxford Maliseets and the stitch in the lining that goes down the heel came undone after about three wears. Very odd. Albam sent them straight back to Quoddy for a fix - natch - but I'm guessing it'll be ages before I see them back.

Anyone else have something similar happen?

I have a pair of deck chukkas that are beginning to have the same problem. Before I even wore them I noticed the horizontal stitch on the heel which closes the leather was very crooked. I'm just gonna take them to a cobbler eventually for a quick fix rather than send them back to Quoddy.

Quoddy simply doesn't give a **** anymore. My next order will be with Russell Mocassin, they're a company who knows how to keep their **** together.

daruma

Reaction score
are quoddys boatshoes/canoe mocs made from calfskin or cowhide? anyone know?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
wow, so I read the last i dunno 3-4 pages (working my way back) and I changed my mind about trying to track down a pair of ring boots on the bay.

=rf

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sunman42000
^Quoddy quality has really gone down the tubes. I know so many people are hesitant to say that, but it's a fact. Crooked stitching at the heel on the outside has practically become a mainstay on Quoddy among many other imprefections

I've never seen a pair of quoddy deck shoes before this weekend, so I was surprised to see how ****** the quality was after hearing nothing but praise on styleforum. Crooked stitching and lots of loose threads (and certain areas clearly coming undone) on every pair I saw. They were, however, very comfortable.

JOA

Reaction score
A quick note on Quoddy and inflation/internet phenomenon:

Today, I ran across the invoice from my Quoddy Canoe Mocs purchase, which was made on March 7, 2007. Brown Chromexcel leather.

Price was $75.00 shipped. Same shoe today is $209.

I love them to death, but I'm not sure I'd pay $209 for another pair should these bite the dust in the forseeable future.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ yeah
frown.gif

I wouldn't pay anymore than what they're retailing for now.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If they had 2007 prices they would be out of business.

They're going up again anyway.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
will wait 2 years 'til they are no longer w/ bloggers on the coasts then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads